About Core & Main
Core & Main ( www.coreandmain.com ) is one of North America's largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Manufacture customized products that meet customer specifications and prepare completed orders for shipment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Examines specifications of the customer's order using drawings, work orders, or blueprints to determine the characteristics of the finished item, materials to be used, and machine setup requirements.
- Fabricates work piece as determined by work order specifications. Retrieves correct materials and performs various fabrication duties.
- Examines work piece visually, by touch, or using tape rule, calipers, or gauges to ensure product meets desired standards.
- Packages for shipping. Installs protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e., free of trash, product in correct location, etc.).
- Follows company safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred.
- 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Core & Main is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer Core & Main considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Core & Main provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
- Experience with fabrication shop equipment.
- Metal working experience preferred.