New Jersey based trucking and rail terminal is seeking Logistics Clerk to perform full time Administrative tasks and customer service duties related to local full container deliveries - prepare documentation, arrange pickup / delivery with the dispatch department, complete files for billing and communicate daily with customers.
Clerical position working with and reporting to the Office Manager and Dispatch Manager. Daily tasks include data entry and interaction with customers.
- Receive and process emailed Delivery Orders from Customs Brokers, track and trace FCL shipments via steamship lines and ocean terminal portals
- Coordinate with Dispatch department to make pick up / delivery appointments
- Provide proactive information to the customer regarding arrival, delivery and shipment status
- Coordinate with customers for Proof Of Delivery
- Coordinate with Dispatch to ensure timely deliveries
- Generate and maintain a limited number spreadsheets
- Ensure files contain all necessary documents for billing department
- Become proficient in our TMS software, training will be given
- Other tasks as may be necessary to ensure the best customer service experience.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Must submit to a background check
- Prior Experience with Transportation Management Software (TMS), such as Profit Tools a plus
- Prior experience in the containerized trucking industry
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Enjoys and works well with others
- Good with technology including Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.
- Good organizational skills
- A good memory and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- One who is customer service centric
- Full time employment
- medical insurance, dental and vision coverage
- Opportunity to cross train across departments