Industrial Machine Operator/Production
- Loads, removes, or stacks different components in the battery manufacturing process.
- Manually lifts or pushes different components to move them to specified location repetitively.
- Visually inspects the material and discards defects.
- May have to measure components or stacks of material.
- May need to weigh finished product.
- May need to use some fork lift equipment.
- Operates, tends, and maintains machines to make lead acid batteries.
- Reads specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Follows sequences for operational procedures on a computer.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated. Automatically or manually loads material into machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect defects or malfunctions.
- May measure work piece dimensions, thickness and weight in order to determine the accuracy of machine operation.
- May perform minor machine maintenance, including cleaning and oiling.
- May assist in setting up machine, and stacking, marking, packing, and transporting finish work pieces using an electric pallet jack, hoist or forklift.
- Relieves other operators at shift change time and breaks.
- *Maintains regular attendance.
- *Ability to work mandatory over time.
- Performs other duties as requested by Management.
- Responsible for producing a high quality product.
- Responsible for proper hygiene, housekeeping, and safety practices.
*These tasks are considered essential elements of the job.
- Math skills, familiarity with the metric system a plus.
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot machinery
- Ability to take and read measurements
- Basic computer skills
- Mechanical skills
- Must be able to read and interpret 1st piece inspection/set-up sheets
- Ability to maintain regular attendance
- Ability to work mandatory overtime
- Ability to communicate with co-workers
At East Penn, our people are our business. We are a family-owned enterprise committed to fostering an atmosphere that honors the contributions of everyone. We want our employees to have long-term careers, and many do – more than 35% of our workforce has over a decade of service. East Penn Manufacturing is a private company and the world's largest single-site, lead-acid battery facility. Serving the transportation, motive power, reserve power, and wire and cable markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer