At Office Depot, we offer these benefits to Full-Time Employees around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community.
Here’s a look into what we offer:
✔Fitness & Nutrition
✔Location Events & Activities
✔Onboarding Plan &
✔Paid Time Off
✔FSA/HSA Pre-Tax Benefits
✔Volunteering & Mentorship
The purpose of a Maintenance Mechanic III is to perform basic tasks and minor repairs within the warehouse and office areas, as well as general equipment (i.e., scanner equipment, battery room, cleaning photocells). Additionally, general Tenant Improvement work such as light repairs to plumbing, electrical walls, or room finishes are primary responsibilities. Additional responsibilities include general housekeeping and recycling of collected materials. This requires a basic understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems. This is an entry level position with promotion potential to Maintenance Mechanic II by completing and demonstrating proficiency in all related Maintenance Mechanic job requirements.
1. Building Maintenance \u2013 Perform painting, sheetrock repairs, and general Tenant Improvement work as needed. Perform minor repairs on doors, dock plates, and plumbing to resolve problems and ensure successful operation. Provide Support to Mechanics and Senior Mechanics in all areas as needed.
2. Conveyor System Maintenance \u2013 Perform minor preventative maintenance tasks. Supports Maintenance Technicians II or III during breakdowns, with the goal of expanding hands-on knowledge and experience.
3. Equipment Maintenance -- Maintains equipment (i.e., scanners, photocells), battery room, and Maintenance shop in clean and good working order.
4. Facility Cleanliness / Safety \u2013 Ensures the maintenance shop area is organized, neat and clean. Adheres to 5S principles. Identifies and acts immediately regarding any safety hazards, spills, etc., to avoid the risk of accidents. Uses safe lifting techniques and operates power equipment in a safe manner. Abide by all stated regulations while performing works, i.e., lockout/tagout procedures, etc. Maintain general cleanliness of building including collection of all recycled materials.
5. Fabrication \u2013 Utilize materials and tools to create custom equipment to support the operation (i.e., wood, metal, etc.).
6. Record Keeping \u2013 Perform necessary data entry (i.e., work order tracking/filing) and keep current tools and documents updated as necessary (i.e., Material Safety Data Sheets). Maintains records to ensure accountability of time, parts and repairs.
- High School diploma or equivalent edu preferred
- Minimum one year on-the-job experience in related field;training with equipment (i.e., mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, etc.)
- Industrial mechanic trade school courses or certificate
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and OfficeMax is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
- Basic knowledge of common electrical and plumbing systems
- Good working knowledge of tools
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to work any shift including weekends if needed.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Work well independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to operate machinery and forklifts
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Fair Chance OrdinanceWe will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Qualified candidates, please click apply below and complete the online application that follows. The application will take no more than 10 minutes and be completed on any smart device.