Air Import Agent
About Toll: Global Forwarding
At Toll, we do more than just logistics - we move the businesses that move the world. Our 20,000 team members can help solve any logistics, transport, or supply chain challenge – big or small. We have been supporting our customers for more than 130 years. Today, we support more than 20,000 customers worldwide with 500 sites in 25 countries, and a forwarding network spanning 150 countries. We are proudly part of Japan Post — www.tollgroup.com
Global Forwarding delivers cargo across our global network via road, rail, sea, and air. From loose cartons for consolidation and palletized cargo to moving dangerous goods and bulk commodities, we have the experience, the infrastructure, and the global network to get freight moving – across towns, across countries and across continents.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Toll Group's Air Import Agent is responsible to ensure timely and accurate processing of Air freight import shipments, to meet both business and client specific KPI's. To act as the daily interface between Toll Global Forwarding and the customer in delivering a seamless and professional service that meets and exceeds the customers' expectations.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handling A-Z Import Air Import shipments including data entry, tracking, arranging pickups/deliveries and billing
- Prepare/manage import shipment documents
- Provide high quality customer service
- Ensure files are closed on timely manner and accurately billed in accordance
- Manage high volume of emails, phone calls and provide troubleshooting
- Track cargo arrival and schedule pickups and deliveries on time
- Track and communicate shipment delays or documentation issues to our clients and overseas agent(s)
- Maintain quotes and communication from carrier/vendors
- Arrange local deliveries for customers after customs clearance when appropriate
- Create final invoice to Client/Agent, close and archive files
- Providing support to fellow associates, supervisors, and department managers as necessary
- Education: High school diploma or equivalency
- Industry: Preferred 2 years in global forwarding with operations and/or customer service experience with importing.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Knowledge of Global forwarding operations (imports)
- Computer skills, including good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience dealing with customers, with a strong customer focus and service ethic
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 20,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry's future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the center of what makes Toll great – it's what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
You must be entitled to work in the United States and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history.