Project Manager/Site Manager
MTS Logistics Offers:
- A highly-competitive compensation package (including a great base salary and a generous commission structure)
- 401K plan with potential up to 100% matching
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off (PTO) Days
- Car allowance
- Cell phone
About the Position
- Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Manages the project life cycle from initiation to closure
- Develops new project plans in consultation with stakeholders
- Creates a comprehensive project plan for all phases of the project
- Manages multiple projects to ensure the overall program is achieved
- Provides on-site leadership to the project
- Communicates status reports on project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues to senior management and key stakeholders
- Assists in the event of a dispute (negotiation, arbitration or litigation) if necessary
- Reports on the results of the project success criteria
- Measures, tests and deploys management activities
- Negotiates contracts with vendors
- Advanced knowledge of MS (Excel, Teams, One Notes, PPT, Share point, CargoWise)
- A deep understanding of vessel charters, heavy haul trucking, crane lifts and barge transportation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Self-motivated with strong influence, leadership, and negotiation skills
- Education & Experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS tools (Excel, MS Project, Teams, One Notes, PPT, Share point, CargoWise)
- 5+ years experience in project management with a freight forwarder
- Develop and implement strategic operation plans for each project
- Interfaces with the customer to ensure the satisfaction of customer requirements and requests by meeting all key performance indicators (KPI) on each project
- Participates in the implementation of new customers including but not limited to; assisting in determining rate schedule, planning required manpower to meet Service Level agreements, writing, and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
- Contract negotiations with vendors
- With the direction of the Director of Projects, develop and execute bid proposals
- Identifies resources needed and proactively communicates with necessary parties
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Effectively applies MTS methodology and enforces project standards and safety protocols
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on projects and oversized cargo
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Timely billing in accordance with company standards and KPIs
- Co-ordinate and communicate between Customers, MTS offices, and vendors
- Co-ordinate operation and logistic teams at key locations
- Co-operate, and work very closely with other team members in other locations.
- Participate in customer critical meetings such as proposal review, project kick off meetings and site visits.