Corporate Customs Broker & Import Product Leader
Leading Freight Forwarder / NVOCC/ Customs House Broker/ Tank Container, with locations in 23 countries and over 2300 employees strong, is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to fill the position of Corporate Customs Broker & Import Product Leader.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to participate in the continued growth and expansion of a well-respected organization.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Manages and monitors the U.S. Import Process for all modes to ensure consistent performance and quality against the corporate KPI's.
- Acts as the Company's Corporate Broker and Officer of the Company.
- Ensures Company compliance of, all applicable local and international laws, regulations, and legal obligations.
- Keeps the staff as well as clients abreast off any updates/ changes that pertain to U.S. Customs Regulations
- Ensures that all U.S. Customs requirements under 19 FTR, Section 111, are met as they pertain to the responsibilities of a being the Corporate Broker.
- Reviews and approves all U.S. Customs' related Powers of Attorney.
- Reads, analyzes and interpret highly complex regulations and procedures, and responds to common inquiries or complaints.
- Ensures that Duty Statements, annual fees and Triennial reports are prepared and paid as per U.S. Customs payment term requirements.
- Ensures that operational performance improvement is a continuous effort and performance meets the needs of our customers.
- Standardizes processes, structures and systems according to Senior Management guidelines.
- Ensures regular and consistent information flow to company management about positive and negative product related matters.
- Understands the Leschaco Group's business strategy and products and ensures adherence to instructions, policies and guidelines as outlined by Leschaco, Inc.
- Have a US Customs Broker's License, at least five (5) years as an active Licensed Customs Broker
- Have a minimum of 10-15 years of industry experience with a focus on the Import Customs Clearance
- Have a minimum of 5-10 years of supervisory/management experience
- Advanced knowledge in all areas of U.S. Customs Regulations regarding Customs Brokers and the Customs clearance process, classification and valuation rules.
- Knowledge of Incoterms, Non Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC) concepts, ISO 9001 procedures, hazardous materials regulations
- Possess exceptional leadership qualities with the ability to work independently, multi-task, be a team player and work in a fast paced environment
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with the handling of hazardous materials a plus
Our Benefits include:
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care)
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- 9 Paid Holidays plus PTO and Sick Leave
- Voluntary Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discounts
When applying, the candidate should include salary requirement.
Background check required.
Only those considered for the position will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.