Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
VP of Sales
Join the MVT family!!! Mesilla Valley Transportation is hiring a VP of Dedicated Contract Sales!
- The VP of Dedicated Contract Sales will work closely with executive leadership to provide dedicated transportation solutions across existing accounts and expand dedicated offerings on new accounts.
- Meet with prospective customers to discuss viable opportunities in an effort to understand their business needs, identify scope, develop strategy, submit a proposal, finalize the contract and win the business.
- Identify new opportunities and partner with internal stakeholders to deliver solutions to our customers.
- Be ready to take on complicated logistics challenges, be creative with industry knowledge, and deliver creative outcomes for all types of shipping challenges in today's supply chain environment.
- Managing and defining financial resources including trucks, mileage bands, dedicated routing optimization tools, and other needs to craft dedicated solutions for a very dynamic customer base.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Communication, or a related field.
- 5+ years of dedicated transportation solutions experience.
- 7+ years of direct sales experience.
- Remote, but willing to travel as needed.
- Ability to work across teams, including partnering with existing sales base, pricing, and operations. You really need to be a team player for this role.
- Proven track record with selling and developing dedicated transportation services to a variety of customers in different industries.
- Strong knowledge of the dedicated sales cycle from original negotiations to contracting and implementation.
- Ability to perform high-velocity prospecting.
- Ability to perform sales negotiation and closing techniques.
- Genuine passion for selling and being part of a winning team.
Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late '80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas within the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.