Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 3:00pm
We're always looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Packaging Machine Operator, you will be responsible for operating the bagger, scale, case erector and cartoner machines, as well as providing direction and support to all line associates to meet requirements/objectives. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Operate PLC-driven state-of-the-art high-speed bagging machinery with attached automatic cartoner machines; operate machinery with minimal waste to finished product and packaging material
- Supply the scale with intermediate components and bagging materials (film) to keep the machine running
- Meet productivity requirements daily; keep hourly count reports of production and downtime
- Perform quality assurance checks throughout the day, inspecting for packaging defects, material defects and product quality
- Complete periodic adjustment activities on the bagging machine and scale to ensure that they are always performing at peak efficiencies
- Troubleshoot machinery breakdowns, clean machine jams and align rolls of bagging materials to minimize downtime and promote productivity
- Perform general housekeeping duties around the machine such as sweeping floors, cleaning machine parts, supply tables, rework tables, etc.; oversee the production workers' end-of-shift sanitation duties
- Follow established sanitation/quality assurance/HACCP and GMP procedures to ensure product quality; comply with GXO and OSHA safety policies
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of warehouse experience
- Ability to measure using a ruler for proper alignment requirements
- Knowledge of how to independently operate a bagging machine and produce a quality product in a team-based environment
It'd be great if you also have:
- Willingness and ability to be cross-trained to operate different styles of bagging machines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance
- Bend, stoop, twist, turn, reach, climb stairs and stand for extended time periods on concrete floors
- Speak, read (fine print) and write in English, follow verbal and written directions, write simple correspondence and effectively communicate with others
- Wear personal protective equipment such as hair net, beard net, bump cap, ear plugs, etc.
- Meet all background check requirements
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.