NOTICE: JOB TITLE: Senior Engineer, Industrial
LOCATION: 4043 Piedmont Parkway, High Point, NC 27265
The Senior Industrial Engineer role provides expert-level technical skills to complete the design and implementation of distribution centers in the 3PL environment. It provides proficiency in project management, facility layout and design, productivity tracking, and warehouse processes to lead the implementation of distribution center projects and strategic corporate initiatives.
- Create and deliver solutions to the leadership team.
- Identify facility design requirements based on activity levels, product dimensional profiles, product flow, and transportation methods and determine time estimates to develop, purchase, document, implement, and install existing and new processes, IT solutions and equipment.
- Develop building layout, data, and power requirements to produce AutoCAD layout to be used by various teams to implement start up.
- Create equipment and operating supply lists and provide purchase requisitions; develop IT equipment (hardware and cabling) requirements based on activity levels and work content. Specify material handling, storage equipment, and up-fit requirements for each site and coordinating with facilities engineering to ensure successful installation.
- Work with facilities engineering in the development, review, and final selection of RFQs for material handling equipment. Configure WMS table data, location logic table data, allocation strategies, commodity table data, and system flag settings for functionality.
- Work with IT team to identify and document new IT functionality not currently available but that can improve efficiency and run costs. Test IT solutions and functionality for WMS, OMS, and TMS.
- Determine startup and ongoing personnel requirements based on work tasks, activity levels, and product dimensional profiles; identify management and supervisory staffing requirements based on technical requirements of work required.
- Utilize time study analysis or pre-determined standard data systems to establish production standards for activity centers.
- Develop training plans and train local distribution center employees using process work instructions; coordinate safety, quality equipment, and process training requirements with HR, Compliance, and Safety Manager. Convert contract documents, proposals, and statements of work into work instructions and operating procedures.
- Conducts "Goods to Person" processes and the operational setup to enable artificial intelligence logic to provide maximum efficiencies. This includes calculation of optimal robot and workstation requirements and associated man-power planning to support the required throughput with this equipment; and Goods to Person equipment set up and maintenance procedures to ensure maximum equipment "up-time." Extract data and information from GTP systems to provide information to adjust design criteria as changing environment dictates
- Requires a bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in industrial engineering or related engineering field.
- Experience must include two (2) years post bachelor's progressive experience in all of the following: Logistics and Distribution; Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. MS Access or SQL; Creating complex formulas in MS Excel; create queries in company software applications;
- Providing training, troubleshooting and other support for software applications managed by business unit (i.e., WMX, WCS, MHE and automation Systems). Using AutoCad to edit and create equipment drawings and layouts of distribution center building details.
- Travel Required: Frequency: 50%.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.