Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Based out of Western Canada (Calgary or Vancouver), this Sales Engineer will leverage strong technical skills and industry experience across our Belt and Chain portfolio of products and services including but not limited to:
- Leveraging the value proposition to maximize price and sales, and to grow and protect business; successfully eliminating price as an objection when delivering new products or projects.
- Expansion of market share through OEM and channel relationship development.
- Primary technical resource for customers with responsibility for prioritizing, securing and delivering technical support to the customer.
The successful candidate must be fluent in English (written and spoken). Preference will be given to Mechanical Engineers or Mechanical Engineering Technologists with similar industrial sales experience in the target territory.
- Manages assigned customer base or territory delivering high-impact customer presentations that focus on Timken capabilities and solutions, value proposition.
- Influences customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products and prototype applications.
- Facilitates customer interaction and coordinates with Marketing, Customer Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and other functional areas.
- Works with Engineering on complex system analyses, including bearing selection on non-standard part number or types.
- Obtains application details from customers (including new or atypical designs).
- Participates in evaluating new design concepts from customers.
- Sales Plan Execution:
- Develops customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, pricing strategies and new business attainment.
- Actively gathers and submits customer and market knowledge into monthly demand planning process.
- New Business Development and support of current business:
- Submits ideas for improvements to enhance existing products or develop new products. Launches and test requests; conducts industry or technology research to identify trends.
- Evaluates competitor's products and selling/market strategy.
- Proactively identifies opportunities that support market growth strategies, including new products and services. This requires a thorough knowledge of the product portfolio, customer base, market strategy, and business environment in a given market segment or Front End
Only applicants who are permanent residents or citizens of Canada will be considered for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.