Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The position of Senior Sales Representative is located remotely in the assigned territory which includes California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Arizona and Nevada. The ideal candidate will reside in Northern California but other locations will be considered. Will maintain responsibility for:
- Sales Plan Execution
- Manage Customer Relationships
- New Business Development and support of current business
- Maximize Sales and Price
- Project Assignments
- Manage sales process for assigned customer accounts or territory
- Works under the direction of a regional manager on ownership of customer accounts, customer projects and assignments that involve problem solving and the resolution of both commercial and technical issues.
- Creates and maintains a pipeline of sales opportunity. Within the pipeline, coordinate internal associates and customers for projects of moderate scope, including planning, scheduling and coordinating. Expected to develop and demonstrate leadership skills in influencing, driving for results, resource commitment.
- Establishes relationships and professional credibility with assigned customer base. Makes target number of customer calls and attains sales targets. Collaborates with others to develop and deliver high impact customer presentations that focus on Timken capabilities and solutions, value proposition. Through an understanding of customer drivers, builds ability to influence customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products and prototype applications.
- Builds sales competencies in discovering hidden customer needs, representing customer needs, handling objections, etc.
- Gathers and submits customer and market knowledge into monthly demand planning process.
- Participates in customer negotiations; assist in developing pricing strategies and managing a portfolio of business. Expected to develop an understanding of customers business, market space and trends. These activities are directly related to sales plan and forecasting responsibilities.
- Over time in the job, transitions from communication information to recommending a solution. Launches NPRs and test requests; conducts industry or technology research to identify trends. Evaluates competitors' products and selling/market strategy.
- Gains an understanding of the New Business Development process including input into development of new designs or other opportunities.
- Builds and expected to develop technical relationship with customers by providing consistent and expert technical support to customers, across the Timken portfolio of products and services, and expertise in areas required for assigned customers. They are the primary technical resource for their customers with responsibility for prioritizing, securing and delivering technical resources to the customer.
- Approximately 60% travel within defined territory (West Region States) with responsibility for all LV/CV distributors and dealers in the territory (plus some select Division 2 accounts)
- Focus on field engagement with the independent reps (targeting outside sellers and counter associates within these organizations), manage the day to day activities of the rep agents within the territory
- Drive increased installer calls on the LV side
- Drive increased focus at the fleet level on the CV side (pull through both bearings and CV wheel-end products)
Technical and Functional Skills:
- 4-6 years of working with, or responsibility for, commercial and technical projects
- Related technical and/or commercial experience
- Background working with customers and developing long term customer relationships
- Experience working in Automotive Aftermarket is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales/Marketing/Business or Engineering with at least 4 years relevant experience OR Master's Degree in Business or Engineering with at least 2 years relevant experience OR equivalent years of experience and education
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.