Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
H&N Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC, is now hiring a full-time technical outside sales representative in the Pacific Northwest region in a territory primarily comprised of portions of Washington, Oregon, and southwestern Idaho.
The roles of this position include:
- Maintain and improve sales to existing customer accounts as well as develop new accounts in the assigned territory
- Sell powertrain components' repair to include electric motors, variable frequency drives, switchgear, and gearboxes. Technical knowledge in these areas is a must.
This position requires a highly motivated individual that is results-oriented and a self-starter. This position will report to the District Sales Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have an established in-depth knowledge of customers and markets within the assigned territory.
- Visit customer sites and perform informal, preliminary equipment surveys as required. Provide direct liaison support to Field Service problems when required.
- Be knowledgeable of electric motors, switchgear, gearboxes and component manufacturing, repair, and test procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of company product offerings and their related prime market applications and aftermarket potential.
- Create comprehensive quotes/proposals to meet customer's requirements. Ability to follow up and convert opportunities into profitable sales.
- Be able to assess and analyze the territory market needs and customer base to create an effective market plan. Must be able to gain intimate knowledge of customers, projects and strategies and be held accountable for it.
- Be able to manage time and priorities for maximum efficiency and sales effectiveness with the available resources.
- Be accountable for accurate sales call reporting, quotation follow up and closing transactions in a timely manner.
- Be accountable for timely submitting of required reports, including, but not limited to: weekly expense reports, weekly call reports, monthly activity reports, target account planning, as well as a weekly itinerary.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform closely within a team environment while at the same time possessing the ability to proceed independently when required with minimal supervision, even when multiple priorities exist.
- Be able to meet deadlines, work on short lead times, and handle high stress.
- Have the flexibility to meet sometimes demanding travel requirements and spend significant time making customer visits within the assigned territory. Approximately 50-75% travel will be required (including overnight travel).
- Exhibit personal confidence and professionalism in all business processes.
- Be able to build customer confidence in the ability of the company and you to meet their needs.
- Possess good problem solving skills with the ability to utilize persuasive sales techniques to gain customer confidence.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Timken fosters a drug-free work environment.