|Associate Service Engineer
North Canton, OH
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||12/06/18||Company:||The Timken Company|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Your Career Begins at Timken
The Associate Service Engineer will provide engineering support to external Original Equipment (OE), Distribution Management (DM), and end user customers, as well as internal customers, which includes OE sales, DM sales, application engineering, bearing repair facilities, production facilities and service facilities. The Associate Service Engineer will continue to develop knowledge and ability through interaction with experienced service engineers, management, and established mentors.
Upon hire, the Associate Service Engineer will participate in the Timken Technical Training Program. During this accelerated 6-month training program based in North Canton, Ohio, you'll be exposed to all aspects of the Timken Bearings and Power Transmission business. Upon completion of the training program, you will be placed into one of our sales offices or territories in the United States.
The Associate Service Engineer will also:
· Execute call plan for strategic customers such as OE (Original Equiment), DM (Distribution Management) and end user customers established by sales and group leader. This call plan will be executed via joint and individual customer visits.
· Communicate and interact with manager, regional and national service teams, bearing repair facilities, sales teams, quality group, manufacturing, and application engineers.
· Perform bearing product inspection and analysis while identifying root causes.
· Resolve customer issues and act as trusted advisor, understanding customer problems and helping to identify new solutions.
· Deliver technical customer training with established modules on bearing types and products.Deliver technical presentations on established topics for customers.
· Assist Sales with driving growth of our products and services through lead discovery, promoting products, Timken repair services, etc.
· Utilization of systems and reporting tools.
Who are We Seeking?
We are seeking individuals with the following backgrounds:
· High School Diploma with a technical focus, minimum
· Associate's of Engineering or Bachelor's of Engineering, Business or related degree preferred (Including December 2018/May 2019 graduates)
· Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
· Previous work expereince or Engineering internships/co-ops preferred
· Possess leadership potential that has been demonstrated in academic or extra-curricular activities, or during employment
· Achievement in non-academic pursuits such as clubs and organizations, special projects, military service, and prior work experience
· Ability to learn quickly
· Flexibility and adaptability
· Demonstrated effective communication skills
· Ability to relocate
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
In addition, we are looking for individuals with the following technical and functional skills:
· Completion of core training
· Competent in bearing setting techniques and bearing internal clearances
· Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SFA)
· Ability to photograph damaged components
· Damage analysis reporting, internal and external
· Proficient with GST
· Proficient in GQTS entering and monitoring
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.