The position provides direct supervision for all Customer Service Representatives with regard to training, development, performance evaluation, problem resolution and support for all job related duties. In addition, provides support and direction for all Customer Service representatives in dealing with customer issues and intercompany communication. Clearly demonstrates the ability to professionally communicate with customers and subordinates in difficult situations and must set-up and maintain good communication between the customer service department and all other departments. Must be able to identify, communicate, and foresee problems and propose potential solutions for them. The position is responsible for the day to day customer service operations as well as customer service related projects.
- Balance workflow to meet deadlines by coordinating staffing and monitoring service workflow
- Quote pricing and delivery for customers via phone, fax and e-mail and customer portals
- Facilitate customer orders and confirm delivery dates with manufacturing or appropriate distribution center.
- Coordinate logistical flow of items throughout company to fulfill customer requirements. This is accomplished with a high level of personal communication as well as inter-company sales and purchase orders.
- Develop and fosters ongoing working relationships across various departments
- Ensure continuous development and improvement with regards to the performance of Customer Service department using measurable and specific goals for benchmarking.
- Manages the Customer Service and technical support department budget.
- Ensure all Customer Service employees are trained in all aspects of their positions as well as developing future leaders of the company where appropriate.
- Establish and maintain standard procedures for customer service reps to follow in all aspects of their job duties.
- Monitor current, overdue and upcoming order delivery obligations to insure delivery requirements will be met to the customer's satisfaction and communicate to key stakeholders (customers, sales, supply chain, etc).
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures with special attention to Sox compliance issues.
- Knowledge of company structure and required intercompany communication
- Gain knowledge of our product offering and basic technical requirements
- Ability to navigate & operate the ERP / MRP systems.
- Problem solving ability and ability to take initiative to satisfy customers
- Ability to develop processes that drive timely responsive answers to internal and external customers.
- Effective communication skills and excellent instructional abilities
- Continuously improving the practices and procedures of the Customer Service team
- Making quick decisions based on incomplete information that will provide satisfaction to customer issues with minimal strain on Company resources
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Basic understanding of SOX compliance policies
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, IT, Engineering, or Supply Chain
- Minimum 5 years experience in supply chain, ERP Systems, and process development, 8 years preferred
- Mimimum 5 years experience managing people in a Customer Service environment, 8 years preferred
- Minimum 8 years in sales, 10 years preferred