Graymont is currently seeking an experienced Planning & Scheduling expert and CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) specialist to join the Maintenance Support Group, in the role of Maintenance and JD Edwards Specialist. The Maintenance and JD
POSITION SUMMARY :
Graymont is currently seeking an experienced Planning & Scheduling expert and CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) specialist to join the Maintenance Support Group, in the role of Maintenance and JD Edwards Specialist. The Maintenance and JD Edwards Specialist will work closely with Graymont's operating facilities to provide training and guidance to Planner Schedulers and other employees involved in the maintenance work management process. They will also work in partnership with other corporate functional groups to ensure all maintenance related modules of JD Edwards are well coordinated, tested and maintained. Extensive travel throughout North America is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
The successful applicant is expected to take a hands-on approach and will be responsible for the following:
- Provide leadership and participate actively to ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, environment, quality, and efficiency.
- Provide Work Management Process training (including planning & scheduling) to employees at operating facilities.
- Guide the development and continuous improvement activities of the Graymont wide community of Planner Schedulers.
- Update and maintain standardized resource documents, training materials and Graymont's Work Management Handbook.
- Develop and maintain tools, techniques and procedures to support the Planner Schedulers and the Work Management Process across Graymont.
- Assist in maintenance program development at new and existing facilities
- Ensure the Work Management Process is well integrated with all other specialized functions of the Graymont maintenance program.
- Follow Graymont's standards to ensure the integrity of JD Edwards is maintained through continuous testing, troubleshooting and improvement of the overall system.
- Deliver various customized JD Edwards training modules to end users in plants and offices across Graymont.
- Ensure use of the various JD Edwards maintenance related modules is as effective and practical as possible for end users.
- Act as a technical resource and coach to plants, peers and other functional departments throughout Graymont.
- Respond to, and resolve Service Now requests and calls for assistance related to JD Edwards maintenance module.
- Assist in conducting maintenance maturity and sustainability assessments in partnership with operating facilities and provide guidance for monitoring/measuring maintenance department metrics and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Substantial travel required - up to 50%. Travel throughout the US and Canada.
- A minimum of 15 years of industrial experience including at least 10 years in an area of specialized maintenance management (planning & scheduling) and a high degree of competence in managing and maintaining a CMMS such as JDE or SAP.
- Post-Secondary Education in a technical or business-related field.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft programs. High degree of proficiency in the use of CMMS (ex: JD Edwards or SAP) for managing maintenance programs in asset-intensive manufacturing or mining operations.
- Experience managing and maintaining CMMS systems and continuous improvement programs across multiple sites simultaneously would be an asset.
- Able to effectively build relationships with, and communicate to large groups (technical and non-technical), and to employees at all levels within the organization (front line to executive management).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities. Self-directed and highly motivated requiring minimal direct guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.