The key purpose of the role is to ensure electrical, facility, and machine maintenance is carried out by staff and contractors in an effective manner to enable maximum availability of operational equipment. Committed to leading and motivating the team to work to produce a high quality of work that our site demands. Striving to achieve 100% completion of work against the plan and schedule.
- Identifies training needs within the team and ensures that training occurs to close any gaps
- Ensures workforce effectiveness by eliminating potential for delays and by setting expectations for quality and expected duration and providing feedback to trades people
- Assign tasks to develop job skills
- Consider suggestions for improved equipment reliability and maintenance efficiency issues, putting suggestions in place where appropriate and providing feed
- Provide regular on-site support and technical assistance to staff to ensure the job is progressing as planned
- Allocates resources to ensure repairs are completed effectively and efficiently
- Manage overtime and make overtime assignments
- Identify ways to reduce maintenance costs
- Schedule daily activities for the area crew
- Issue printed work orders to the crew for scheduled work
- Develop, coordinate and execute plans for emergency work
- Follow up on job overruns and interruptions and communicate any barriers which may affect the weekly schedule
- Reallocate resources among the group as needed
- Ensure safety meetings are conducted with the crew
- Identify and eliminate safety hazards in the workplace
- Support site safety program
- Strive to improve the safety performance of the Maintenance crew through training and mentoring
- Set and manage expectations for housekeeping in the shop and on the job site
- Schedules and leads the monthly safety meeting for the crew
- Perform all duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Continually monitor machinery and make necessary adjustment(s) to ensure proper operation.
- Perform all levels of welding and mechanical repairs to industrial machinery present in the two South Haven manufacturing facilities.
- Repair and possible fabrication of conveyors and component parts.
- Proper use of all welding and cutting equipment related to all phases of metal fabrication and repair.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company and OSHA standards.
- Complete all paperwork and/or electronic updates as required.
- Regular use of heavy industrial shop tools and equipment.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Excellent welding and mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess good working knowledge with all levels of welding and cutting equipment required to perform industrial maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Minimum Four (4) years' experience in welding metal fabrication, preferred completion of 2 year technical training program preferred.
- Must be able to recognize and avoid electrical hazards.
- Must have the skills to properly use voltage test equipment.
- Must understand and identify the applicable approach distance for the voltage in which they will be exposed (NFPA 70 E Tables)
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to obtain certificate to operate powered industrial lift trucks.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Basic computer skills
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Minimum of 4 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment; associates degree preferred.
- Journeyman electrian required.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
- Twisting/bending, hand gripping, continuously.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair or fabrication facility. Exposure to extreme weather conditions possible. Exposure to residential and commercial waste.