|Multi-Surface Grinder Operator
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||05/07/19||Company:||The Timken Company|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Your Career Begins at Timken
Perform job within a work team environment under minimum direct supervision to demanding quality and production objectives. Set-up, operate and maintain a MSG (Multi-Surface Grinder) asset.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: planning, organizing, communicating, use of interpersonal skills, team worker, and exercising strong judgment and initiative. Read, interpret and follow procedures, drawing, instructions, data sheets, blueprints and technical manuals. Possess knowledge of plant processes and products. Plans and perform various final inspection and Q.C. auditing processes to include gauging set-ups, magnetic particle inspection, sizing and marking of components, and other visual and dimensional checks. Inspects for defects and makes disposition of rejects. Work closely with team to provide coverage for maximum uptime and coordinates with various support centers for cell needs. Trains team members to perform various duties. Maintains clean and safe work environment and is attentive to process to avoid costly scrap, rework, repairs and for attaining schedule requirements.
1) Ability to read and interpret complicated drawings, instructions, procedures and blueprints.
2) Ability to do advanced mathematics and handbook formulas.
3) Capable of learning mechanical and/or electrical principles.
4) Ability to use complicated measuring tools.
5) Must possess good training and communications skills.
6) Must have strong mechanical aptitude and display good organizing capabilities.
7) Awareness of TRP processes and products.
8) Minimum of 3 years experience in one of the following areas: N/C Machining, Grinding, Inspection or Machine Repair.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.