Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This role manages financial reporting for income taxes and income tax controls reporting directly to the Sr. Manager - Tax Operations. The role is also instrumental in designing and implementing process improvements related to the financial reporting for income taxes globally. The candidate must have significant technical and interpersonal skills, coupled with judgment and decision making abilities, as well as the ability to communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals. Familiarity with a variety of accounting and consolidation systems, such as SAP, Hyperion (and successor systems) and ONESOURCE tax provision software would be a big plus. Experience with a variety of multinational tax issues is also a plus.
- Assist in the preparation of the Company's global quarterly and annual tax provision: Work closely with the Sr. Manager - Tax Operations to ensure timely and accurate preparation of ASC 740 income tax calculations (quarterly and annual tax provisions). This includes preparation of the Company's global effective tax rate, review current and deferred income taxes, review of uncertain tax positions and the application of other complex tax accounting rules related to valuation allowances, acquisition accounting, equity compensation, intra-period tax allocation, interim reporting, etc. This also involves assisting with the preparation of required income tax disclosures pursuant to SEC regulations.
- Assist in the design and development of the Company's global quarterly and annual tax provision processes: Work closely with the tax and finance teams to develop a strategy and implement it in order to automate the Company's data collection processes. May involve implementation of a software solution. Will be involved in the Company's assessment of financial statement consolidation tools and how to tax sensitize data requirements. Must have the ability to make appropriate account reconciliations and perform data analysis.
- Oversee compliance with internal controls for the financial reporting for income taxes: Involves making sure internal controls are relevant, properly defined, effectively designed and well documented. Work directly with internal/external audit teams to make sure control testing is satisfied on quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist in the implementation of global tax planning strategies to minimize cash and earnings impact of tax expense: Work closely with the tax team to ensure coordination of the tax consequences of operations and business structuring projects. Assists in the identification of key risks coming from tax operations for compliance and financial reporting.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Strong ASC 740 technical and analytical skills, including tax research skills
- Balance of tax technical knowledge with practical application of tax rules
- Focus on process improvement and internal controls
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Propensity to lead and mentor staff
- Great work ethic and integrity
- Ability to travel as necessary - less than 10%
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance ( Master's preferred) with 8-10 years of corporate tax experience in industry and/or public accounting firm, including technical knowledge of and experience with U.S. multinational entities
- Experience with US GAAP ASC 740 and SEC regulations required, as well as experience with software programs such as SAP, Hyperion and ONESOURCE
- CPA, MST preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.