Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Timken Company sells some of the world's most sophisticated magnetic field sensors. This role supports the company's small volume production and prototype sensor production group in Keene, NH. Responsibilities will include all aspects of production assembly of magnet targets and sensor components. It also includes prototype assembly, prototype testing, pre-production assembly, pre-production testing.
- Program and test sensor chips using a variety of programmers/testers including a new automated ASIC handler / programmer / marker according to work instructions
- Assemble 4 families of modular encoders according to work instructions
- Assemble and magnetize magnetic targets using Timken's proprietary methods
- Laser mark steel hubs per specifications
- Run manual and robotic magnetizer / inspection station
- Primary packaging of chips, magnetic targets, sensor assemblies, prototypes
- Perform inspection and follow documented methods
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Math, mechanical, and electrical aptitude
- 1 - 3 years assembly experience: electromechanical a plus
- Ability to read and understand prints, process sheets, and engineering specifications.
- Ability to use and understand basic gaging.
- Ability to use tweezers, microscope, bush buttons, turn knobs, or levers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic mathematic skills (add, subtract, decimals, unit conversion English & Metric).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to sit or stand in one position for a period of time. Ability to carry parts from assigned areas to the work station.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Good steady hand movement skills.
- Ability to use foot pedals, and weigh scale.
- Ability to look through a microscope for long periods of time, including up to 2 hours.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.