Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Primary Function: Sets up and operates grinding machines to grind machine parts and tooling to specification and preform miscellaneous bench work.
- Works from drawings, blueprints, sketches and written or verbal instructions. Orders parts for daily jobs and projects. Works with suppliers for best options available.
- Sets up and operates grinders, adjusts machine for proper angle and clamps work piece in proper position. Selects speeds, feeds and grinding wheels to obtain proper finish.
- Check pieces visually for surface defects, chatter, burns, etc., and dimensionally for conformance to specifications using gauges, micrometers, indicators, endiron, etc.
- Calculates and determines dimensions, tapers, indices, and other data using shop formulae and handbooks.
- Dresses and changes grinding wheels using diamond dresser and miscellaneous hand tools.
- Selects and grinds tool for the job in accordance with hardness, machinability and other properties of parts or materials to be machined. Uses EDM equipment in the removal of broken taps and screws.
- Handles and moves materials and equipment in and about the department using hoist, hand truck, or by hand carrying.
- Performs bench work such as reconditioning / rebuilding tool holders and machine parts, some selected unit assemblies, drilling and tapping new parts and dismantling and replacing worn or defective machine parts.
- Sharpens tools such as drills and punches on pedestal grinder or drill sharpener.
- Performs related assignments such as filling out daily work tickets, lubricating machines and equipment, changing coolant, and keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform shop arithmetic, including geometry and advanced math
- Ability to read blueprints, charts, graphs, and diagrams
- Proven record of reliable attendance, strong work ethic and team skills.
- Must have high school or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.