|Broker Manager - Vending East Region
East Hanover, NJ
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||05/11/19||Company:||Mondelez International|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
The primary responsibility of this position is to deliver positive business results across all outsourced business (headquarter, retail, and project) within their assigned Broker Region. The Broker Manager will participate in the integrated commercial planning process, with our internal and external customers in an effort to drive sales, reduce costs and operate within an assigned budget. Performance objectives are to attain or exceed Sales, distribution and merchandising goals in accordance with MDLZ sales plans, programs and budgets. The Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are sales volume, real internal growth, brand share, new item speed to shelf, share of shelf, displays and merchandising in line with company established objectives, as well as trade funds, unsaleables, deductions, forecasting and out of stocks management.
1. Achieve or exceed established targets for Sales, merchandising and distribution while working within assigned budgets
2. Lead, manage and collaborate effective headquarter and merchandising coverage and support with partner broker agencies
3. Participate in collaborative account management planning with customers and brokers for all full service businesses in conjuction with each business' sales goals and objectives. Inclusive in this is retail action plans to address distribution, shelving and merchandising opportunities
4. Coordinate and monitor all work order commitments to Mandates & Resets obligations at assigned accounts. Proactively work with Customers and agencies to resolve any conflicts or performance issues
5. Lead and manage special programs and projects across assigned areas. Ensure effective communication on all projects across constituents to include Broker Team, B.U., and Customer Teams as required by scope of individual project
6. Participate in internal and external Broker Sales Meetings at the most strategic level to ensure effective communication of goals and objectives in order to achieve desired business results
7. Develop and cultivate effective relationships with agency senior operating personnel to include all levels of agency senior field management through regularly scheduled scorecard review meetings
8. Complete all required compliance activities within assigned frequency as dictated by MDLZ policies
9. Collaborate and ensure effective communication with customer and broker teams across assigned areas of coverage
1. Customer Business Lead - VEND: Direct reporting
2. Director Convenience: Ensures team alignment to overall broker strategies
3. Director Finance: Strong partnerships. Work approvals and authorizations
4. Information Systems: Strong partnerships and alignment on goals and strategies.
5. External Contacts: Strong partnerships and alignment on goals, strategies and objectives.
1. BS Degree in Business preferred, not required.
2. Minimum a 5-10 years of Customer Business Team and Sales experience (Vending experience preferred)
3. Proven ability to develop and implement successful strategies in a Sales Organization.
4. Keen understanding of Sales Planning, Business Processes and Systems
5. External broker management experience - 3-5 years
6. Customer Service and Logistics experience
7. Some travel required - up to 50%
8. Functional Skills: Strategic Agility, Interpersonal and Leadership, Business Planning and Building/Maintaining Relationships with Customers
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.