Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position supports order-based activity by reviewing customer purchase orders, quality documents, prints and specifications to validate that the Timken product meets all customer requirements ahead of Timken accepting the customer order and to help drive resolution of any discrepancies.
- Review and coordinate internal Timken workflow systems that communicate and initiate customer product and process requirements.
- Review customer prints and specifications at the time of a customer PO to ensure and maintain alignment between all customer requirements and Timken product definition.
- Resolve any discrepancies or engineering exceptions. If changes to Timken product are required to comply with new or revised customer requirements, define and launch management of change (or other suited request).
- Upload new or revised customer data into the product data management system, Aero Teamcenter, and ensure alignment with the correct version of the Timken end item revision.
- Partner with Sales, Customer Service, and Customer Engineering and other Timken departments to resolve engineering exceptions and review for PO workflow issues or roadblocks.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Working knowledge of Teamcenter workflow
- Ability to understand and review engineering prints and specifications
- Familiarity with Aerospace products and specifications
- Working knowledge of Teamcenter product data management system
- Ability to work with, manipulate and edit product data in Teamcenter
- Associate's degree in Engineering or related technology-focused major and 4 or more years of contract validation experience, or
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technology-focused major and 2 or more years of contract validation experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.