Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The North American Distribution Development Manager, will be responsible to develop and source key corporate distributor (system house) relationships with accounts across diverse industries that have a demand for automatic greasing systems, branded by Groeneveld Lubrication Solutions.
- Work with senior leadership to develop and execute distributor development plan based on geographical and market segment priorities.
- Identify and create a target list of potential distributors that will allow for rapid market share development.
- Schedule and conduct face to face negotiations with potential distributors that will allow for the successful signing of agreements.
- Effectively coordinate, communicate, and execute the strategic business plans.
- Communicate internally regarding strategic priorities and engage the cross functional team to drive business results for key strategic distributors.
- Coach and educate the Distributors on product variables, installations, technical specifications, and warranty coverage.
- Understand the competitive set within the category and ideal Distributor channel to identify opportunities and formulate strategies for profitable sales growth.
- Work with the field sales teams to assist and leverage relationships with the key local and regional leaders.
- Identify and implement marketing initiatives.
- Deliver business forecasts with category and finance teams
- Incorporate new product introductions into annual plan and coordinate launches with key customers and field sales leadership
- Deliver on all targets, and drive business initiatives to an exceptional level.
- Participate in assigned projects involving industry organizations, supply chain initiatives, and other special projects
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong relationship and rapport building skills
- Excellent presentatoin and communication skills in English
- Exceptional project management skills, and highly detail oriented.
- Support and coach and motivate customers.
- Knowledge in team management; Distributor management, traditional aftermarket channel
- Highly motivated personality with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with key business leader, internal departments and Distributor groups on a National level; ability to influence all parties involved in order to gain the respect a support needed to ensure success.
- Ability to develop and successfully follow through with a strategic plan.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field OR 8 years' experience in Distributor development or transferrable experience.
- Key strategic Distributor development experience mandatory (minimum 3 years) with a preference for experience dealing with on-road, off-road, transportation aftermarket sales.
- Proven ability to drive results in both volume and profit; ability to translate corporate direction into field activity.
Position will be based in home office, but must be able to travel 60+%.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.