|Maintenance Team Lead
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||05/15/19||Company:||Mondelez International|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Mondelēz International - The Portland Bakery is a manufacturer of Oreo, Ritz, Chips Ahoy!, Premium & Snacks. A variety of cracker products are produced, unitized, and stored at the facility for shipment to various Distribution Centers and customers throughout the United States and Canada. Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, this position directly supervises the operations of food production areas to include: training of personnel, documentation of job performance, providing feedback and implementing corrective action when necessary. The Maintenance Supervisor is expected to lead the planning, process development and implementation of Planned Maintenance Elements in a Continuous Improvement manufacturing environment, through teams consisting of various technical and non-technical personnel, key support contractors and operations personnel.
Mechanics and Electricians, Planner/Schedulers, Execution Team Leads, Tool Crib Team Leads and Safety/Quality/Training Coordinators represent some of the plant personnel that the Maintenance Leader will be expected to work with. The Portland Plant includes employees who are part of a bargaining unit (IAM, IBEW & IUOE) in a facility with assets associated with food manufacturing, material handling, processing and high speed packaging equipment in a 24/7 operation.
Key performance Metrics for this position include mean time between failure and mean time to repair measures associated with the plant operating assets. Predictive and time based preventative compliance measures, work-order completion rates, and labor utilization metrics will also be used to evaluate performance of the leader in this position.
Essential Job Functions
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
1. Supervise, direct, and hold accountable the maintenance work crews to perform planned and emergency maintenance
2. Evaluate and assesses hourly personnel to determine training needs and develops employees to improve their maintenance skills. Responsible for assessing maintenance impact on line performance with respect to improving uptime, through-puts, B&R, Package Material losses, and product quality
3. Accurately update the computerized maintenance system daily for the responsible shift.
4. Accurately maintain the labor tracking system on a daily basis for the responsible shift.
5. Communicate daily activity of work order status with Planners, Production Supervisors, and coordinate the shift-to-shift handoff
6. Lead troubleshooting activities with work crews and utilize all available resources to correct maintenance issues in an expedient manner. Responsible for the execution of shift plan for planned work orders, PM, training, and capital projects
7. Participate in PM development and maintenance budget management with Planners.
8. Leads the application of RCA to resolve technical problems in packing, process, warehouse and utilities
9. Integrated Lean Six Sigma (IL6S) Progression
10. Identify continuous improvement and cost savings opportunities
11. Manages predictive and preventative maintenance technologies and programs
12. Manages outside contractors working at the facility
13. Reviews and coordinates work requisitions and other related requests for feasibility, approval and assigns priorities and assignments
Additional Requirements (Preferred)
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.