|Quality Assurance Supervisor
Santa Fe Springs, CA
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||05/15/19||Company:||The Timken Company|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Philadelphia Gear's world-class engineering and technical staff provides our extensive customer base across the globe with a full-range of power transmission solutions for the world's Energy, Infrastructure and Defense industries. Philadelphia Gear customers depend on high-quality, reliable power transmission equipment to lower the cost of operation and reduce down time, while producing at the highest levels. Philadelphia Gear is ready to meet these challenges, bringing over 100 years of experience providing gearing for various industrial applications.
Timken Gears and Services' Philadelphia Gear brand has a current opening for a Quality Assurance Supervisor, responsible for document control and other quality processes at the Santa Fe Springs Service Center. This includes oversight of the facilities qualified inspectors, document control, calibration and internal/external audit assistance.
- Identify opportunities/gaps in existing quality standards, practices, and tools.
- Work closely with shop personnel in quality support.
- Review all quality documents from the manufacturing process per project/ contract.
- Oversee receiving, in process and final inspection processes.
- Provide final reports as required per contract.
- Work directly with customers on quality aspects of our projects.
- Assist government/ customer onsite inspections when required by project/ contract.
- Work with the quality/ engineering team in managing the calibration system.
- Light travel required
Key attributes include the ability to multi-task, set priorities, meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and the ability to work as part of a team. Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software), strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Bachelor degree preferred and 5 years of experience in Quality/Engineering required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.