Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Customer Service & Logistics
Customer Service & Logistics (CS&L) is where you'll integrate our end-to-end demand-driven supply chain. Working "from farm to shelf," you'll connect plants with customers to deliver best-in-class service in the most efficient way. Your goal will be to have the right products, at the right time, and with the right quantity and quality on the shelf.
The Manager of Customer Logistics role provides total leadership and P&L responsibilities for their DSD operation. A MCL is responsible for partnering with customer teams, retail teams, and logistics/biscuit support teams to execute strategies through the development of local plans and tactics in support of those strategies across multiple product lines and categories. A MCL is responsible for coaching and developing their local branch teams which typically consist of salaried supervisors, associates, and coordinators and hourly warehouse and delivery employees. A MCL is responsible for managing branch resources and assets and providing supply chain support to local customers and branch business units. Also responsible for driving key KPIs under main categories of (1) Safety, (2) Service, (3) Cost, and (4) People.
Functional Competencies Gained In Role:
- Source, onboard, and develop direct reports and branch teams in multiple settings (classroom, OJT, Work-with, etc..) across entire operation (delivery, cross-dock, dry warehouse). Coach direct reports in order to create and execute development plans and support individual career goals.
- Partner with upstream area resources (Biscuit Regional Demand Planner, Biscuit Inventory Planner). Manage resources to provide admin and analytical support for necessary logistical functions (i.e. Order Management, Inventory Management, Fleet/Branch Optimization, etc...)
- Identify supply chain opportunities and ensure issues are addressed in strategic and tactical plans as well as review and approve order and inventory management in SAP and WMS (Winware/KWIC)
- Manage and execute major initiatives: Customer Care, productivity gains, order fulfillment, and customer initiatives. Facilitate interaction between cross-functional stakeholders to ensure ownership and execution of a common plan. Drive local planning team meetings.
- Manage accounts payables, account receivables, inventory, payroll, and expense budgets. Partner with local management to develop annual operating site plans and budget, optimize resources, and ensure ongoing execution of site plan.
- Develop and leverage relationships with HQ and store-level customers to achieve logistics efficiencies across multiple categories to drive functional efficiencies at the back door.
- Ensure product integrity through optimal storage, handling and distribution of multiple temperature controlled products from point of origin to customer's back door.
- Manage large, complex fleet and associated equipment to ensure effective asset utilization and to support strategic customer initiatives while complying with applicable regulations.
- Possibly work with a 3PL partner within the warehouse operations. Lean on influencing skill set.
Lominger Competencies Gained in Role:
- Front line leadership experience managing hourly & non-hourly union/non-union employees
- Branch management & DSD processes and procedures.
- Expense and cost management for branch operations (Budgeting, Variance Reporting, Labor management)
Relationships (Internal / External) Internal:
- Drive for Results
- Developing Direct Reports & Others
- Priority Setting
- Building Effective Teams
- Direct Report to RDCL, Dotted Line to RDR
- Local Branch Teams (RDCL, LS, LC, Hourly Employees)
- Demand Planning/Fulfillment Teams (Biscuit Inventory Planner, Regional Demand Planner)
- Retail Sales Teams (Regional Vice President of Retail, Regional Directors of Retail, District Managers, Retail Merchandising Supervisors, Customer Category Managers)
- Customers (Daily interaction with any of the 400-800 store-level customers)
- HQ Support Functions (Wilkes Barre Support Services, Customer Care, Routers, Processors, Continuous Improvement/Business Process Excellence Teams, LogOps Teams (TOC))
- Union Leadership (Shop Stewards, Business Agent, Labor Group for CBA negotiation)
- Governmental/Regulatory Agencies (AIB, OSHA, DOT, etc...)
- Fleet/Equipment Maintenance Providers
- Vendors (Office Supplies, Uniforms, Janitory Services, etc...)
Lominger / Leadership Competencies Necessary for role & Level of Expertise
Functional / Technical Competencies Necessary for role & Level of Expertise
- Action Oriented: Advanced
- Learning on the Fly: Advanced
- Interpersonal Saavy: Advanced
- Drive For Results: Advanced
- Time Management: Advanced
Minimum Education Experience Required
- SAP: Advanced
- WMS (Winware/KWIC): Intermediate
- HHC (Driver Handheld): Intermediate
- Driver's Methods Training: Intermediate
- Zonar Reporting: Intermediate
- Warehouse Labor Planning (WPP); Route Composition (w/ Wilkes Barre): Advanced
- Managing Employee Performance; Labor Management (Union); Team Building: Advanced
- Local Planning Team Meetings (Linkage with Demand/Fulfillment/Sales/Customer Planning): Advanced
- Federal / State Regulatory Compliance & Law (DOT, OSHA, Worker's Compensation, HR Policies): Advanced
- College Degree Required
- Minimum 3 Years of Experience
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.