Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
JOB DESCRIPTION / PURPOSE:
The Quality & Metrology Manager is responsible for the plant's quality management system (QMS) and associated metrology equipment for the plant:
- Satisfying customer requirements and protecting the Timken brand name.
- Ensuring supplier quality and incoming product quality.
- All quality assurance (pre-production), quality control (production) and quality cost reduction activities.
The QM Manager should have a diverse knowledge of super precision ball bearings, familiarity with Aerospace and DOD applications a plus, and a diverse knowledge of the unique specifications and gauging methods for each type of product to ensure compliance to Timken and customer specific requirements. The manager should have some background with CMM gaging and experience applying this technology and programming in a job shop environment with over 7000 SKU's.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DELIVERABLES:
- Accountable for establishing the system for product quality appraisals in the manufacturing process to meet internal specifications and global customer expectations.
- Must communicate with internal sales and service engineers as they interface with customers.
- Responsible for responding to customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Manage rework operations and required customer documentation.
- Possess general manufacturing and application knowledge of miniature precision ball bearings.
- Coordinates customer PPAPs & FAI's.
- Manage all product and process audits to ensure compliance, including customer audits, internal quality audits, and outgoing quality audits.
Quality Management System:
- Responsible for attaining and maintaining quality certifications and communicating with the 3rd party registrar. This includes NADCAP and AS9100 certifications.
- Responsible for maintaining all metrology methods and calibrations. Responsible for the metallurgical integrity of the plant's heat treat process, including quality systems concerning product metallurgy.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining all aspects of the Timken Quality Management System (TQMS) and implementing the modules as required.
- Responsible for assuring incoming product quality.
- Works with corporate Supplier Development to assure suppliers maintain a quality system and proper controls during the manufacture of product.
- Works with corporate Supplier Development to resolve quality issues/complaints with suppliers, while balancing the risk to our customers and to the supply chain.
- Manage and direct quality related CI to reduce scrap and lower operations costs.
- Coordinates machine and gaging capability studies while making recommendations for CI as a result of these studies
- Responsible for maintenance, certification, calibration, and availability of all CMMs, "hard" gauges, electronic gauges and product masters required.
- Responsible for the training and development of team members in the Quality Dept.
- Lead Management team in review of plant quality metrics and promote the use of disciplined problem-solving techniques and corrective action to drive continuous improvement in all areas of the plant
Technical Skills / Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, materials, management or another technical field
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience developing and maintaining quality management systems - including metrology and SPC.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience interacting with suppliers and customers.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to analyze data.
- ASQ: Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Quality Auditor and/or Certified Quality Manager
- Masters Degree
- Shainin or Six-Sigma Certification.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience managing a QMS.
- Experience in metal working - including machining, heat treating, grinding, and assembly.
- Experience with quality systems in a NADCAP and/or AS9100 certified plant
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.