DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver Graymont's World Class Vision.
- Work collaboratively and cross functionally to capitalize on best practices to the benefit of One Graymont.
- Manage the plant to ensure the highest standards and performances are achieved in the areas of: safety, environmental, plant capacity and efficiency (processes), product quality and customer service, social license and empowered and engaged workforce.
- Ensure plant compliance with all internal and external health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and manage the plant operating cost and capital budget.
- Ensure quarry mine plan is developed and implemented to maximize reserves and ore utilization.
- Lead and develop an effective team within the plant that collaborates successfully with all other Graymont functions.
- Develop leadership capabilities of plant leaders as well as high potential hourly employees.
- Ensure the entire workforce is effectively developed, empowered, challenged and managed.
- Maintain the company's equipment, assets, and resources to ensure maximum long term value.
- Contribute to the success of Graymont by sharing information and applying internal best practices.
- Develop and implement innovative initiatives to improve plant performance.
- Maintain effective relationships with functional groups, employees, suppliers, customers, local communities and local, state and federal governments.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture.
- Proven teambuilding, leadership skills and team participation.
- Plant operations experience (production, maintenance, quality, safety, environmental compliance).
- Applicable college degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), well organized, able to process large amounts of complex information.
- Able to motivate, coach and develop people in alignment with Graymont's World Class Vision.
- Effective troubleshooting and decision making skills.
- Strong financial management skills (analysis, budgeting, planning, etc.).
- Computer literate.