Technical Application Specialist and SAP Coordinator
Primary function of this position is to be the primary technical resource for customer service, field sales force, and our customers. This person will also drive new part number creation and deployment in SAP for Lovejoy globally. Working in conjunction with the sales team and customer service as the key technical advisor and product advocate, the Application Engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The Application Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Provide design and specification development support to distributors channel partners and OE channel partners.
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements.
- Conduct customer interchanges for customer and distributors. This will be both one off and mass interchanges for customer conversion.
- Perform technical/ product training for sales people, estimators, and engineers within channel partners.
- Assist in the design and development of new products and tools necessary to make channel partners comfortable and successful at selling product portfolio
- Maintain accurate records of channel partners, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company approved databases
- Travel to project sites to preform start-up, integration, and training services
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships within channel partners.
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
- Available for Travel.
- Have a deep understand of product nomenclature and create new parts per our standards.
- Monitor and drive the SAP create and deployment process across the various departments in the organization.
- A technical background sufficient to understand the technologies and technical issues involved within the territory, project and the industries, to anticipate and identify technical obstacles and to make reasoned and appropriate recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative and team building skills; Able to partner with and lead people with different personalities and responsibilities, demonstrating conflict management and negotiation skills; Adaptive; Confident; Persuasive; Proactive
- Strong business acumen—ability to quickly develop and display knowledge of the product portfolio to aide in the strategic goals and growth of the business
- Experience in identifying market opportunities with a track record of coordinating market strategies
- Results oriented; ability to commit to and follow initiatives through to completion
- Manage time and work flow and create effective call plans
- Organization skills to manage multiple projects and opportunities at the same time.
- Process oriented mindset to ensure quick and accurate results in create and deployment process
- Associates Degree or equivalent in systems, engineering, or related field, required. BS preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in SAP preferred
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Customer Service or Sales Support role.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with proven project management skills.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.