Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position supports the following Law Center functions: data privacy, corporate record-keeping, corporate securities compliance, and ethics and compliance, as well as the day-to-day paralegal support needs of the department attorneys.
- Support the company's data privacy compliance function under the supervision of the manager of ethics and compliance, including managing the document and learning repository; managing and periodically updating intercompany international transfer agreements; providing oversight for record of processing activities, vendor compliance, and privacy notices for U.S. activities; leading coordination with foreign entities for record of processing activity oversight, vendor compliance, and privacy notices; communicating with processing activity owners for periodic review and updating; and managing the Data Privacy Office email and phone.
- Manage the company's entity management function under the supervision of the general counsel/corporate secretary and department attorneys. Manage and maintain the corporate entities database. Prepare and maintain domestic subsidiary annual resolutions and director and officer questionnaires. Prepare and file corporate filings, such as statutory agent changes, dba names, and foreign qualifications. Draft resolutions and certificates to support M&A and financing activities.
- Support meetings of the company's Board of Directors under the supervision of the general counsel/corporate secretary, including scheduling, planning, and coordinating Board meetings, preparing meeting agendas, collecting and reviewing materials to be presented, and uploading and removing materials on BoardVantage
- Support the company's securities compliance function under the supervision of the general counsel/corporate secretary and department attorneys as needed, including gathering data for and preparing drafts of, ownership reporting for the proxy statement and Section 16 filings.
- Support the company's ethics and compliance function under the supervision of the manager of ethics and compliance, which may include assisting with information gathering and organization for periodic program evaluations; managing activities of global risk coordinating committees, such as coordinating meetings, tracking activities, and updating record-keeping resources; developing training and communications, liaising with content vendor and Timken University administrator on rollout and monitoring compliance by associates with assigned training courses; implementing integration plan for acquisitions; and assisting in preparing presentations for various internal audiences.
- Provide backup support to other Law Center staff in the areas of legal holds, intellectual property, service of process, garnishments, and subpoenas.
Skills and Competencies:
- High attention to detail to produce highly accurate work product
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including composition, spelling, and grammar
- Superior interpersonal skills to communicate with Directors, senior management, attorneys, and internal and external clients in a professional and courteous manner
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in completing and prioritizing work assignments
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within designated areas of authority as well as in a team environment
- Strong time management and problem solving skills
- High proficiency in MS applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master other software applications (e.g., SharePoint, EDGAR, BoardVantage)
- Understanding of legal terminology and basic legal concepts
- Demonstrated ability to project confidence and maintain composure and professionalism under pressure and when facing new situations or changing priorities
- Discretely maintain, coordinate, and communicate highly confidential and sensitive information
Associate Degree (Paralegal) with 5-10 years of experience as paralegal at law firm serving public companies or in-house at public company
Bachelor Degree preferred
Corporate recordkeeping and compliance; data privacy experience preferred but not required
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.