Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Timken Company is recruiting a Principal Sales Engineer located in the assigned territory, preferably Amarillo, or Lubbock, TX.
This position leverages strong commercial and technical skills and industry experience to recognize customer needs and apply Timken capabilities and technology across the full portfolio of Timken products and services.
- Fully understands and leverages the Timken value proposition to maximize price and sales to grow and protect business
- Successfully eliminates price as an objection when delivering new products or projects
- Expected to demonstrate leadership skills by influencing, driving for results, and resource commitment
- Provide customer expertise including leading customer negotiations, developing pricing strategies, and managing a portfolio of business accounts
- Ownership of the technical relationship with customers by providing consistent and expert technical support, across the Timken portfolio of products and service, additional expertise in areas required for assigned customers when necessary.
- Manage sales process for assigned customer accounts or territory
- Makes target number of customer calls and attains sales targets
- Delivers high-impact customer presentations that focus on Timken capabilities, solutions and value proposition
- Works with Customer Engineering on complex system analyses, including bearing selection on non-standard part number or types
- Develop customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost busines, plans to maximize pricing, new business attainment
- Actively gather and submit customer and market knowledge into monthly demand planning process
- Ability to assume leadership role in the regional office such as pricing authority, participating in joint sales calls, mentoring sales engineers, etc...
- Shares knowledge and mentors associates, espcially in solving problems and decision making
- Develops and delivers customer-training or internal training presentation
- Bachelor of Engineering or related field of study and/or Master of Engineering and Business with 5 years (with Bacehlors degree) to 7 years (with Masters degree) of working with or responsibility for progressively more complex projects that involve both commerical and technical issues. Or equivalent years of technical sales experience and education.
- Extensive background in working with customers and developing long-term customer relationships and partnerships.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.