Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The primary responsibility is to:
Monitor andon activation and escalation:
- In the event of an andon, immediately gather the facts around the issue and record time, part number, machine number, asset number, 1st-2nd-3rd level downtime category.
- Monitor duration of the andon event and dispatch appropriate support groups (Engineering, Maintenance, and Quality) based on the standard escalation protocol.
- Record hourly production numbers - assist gathering shop floor production numbers, when needed.
- Post previous production numbers from the previous day and week.
- Data mine the database for past occurrences and provide this information to the support groups in order to mitigate downtime.
- Track open A3's and provide advanced notice of upcoming A3 report-outs. In addition, monitor closed A3's for 90 days to measure effectiveness of countermeasures taken.
- Report-out the Top 5 equipment issues for each day.
- Ensure all visual management tools in the Operations Center are being managed per the standard.
- Refresh spreadsheets and print/distribute charts, weekly, to each dept. Charts include, but are not limited to, 5S, Scrap, and Set-up time.
- Monitor/maintain boards in the Operations, on a daily/weekly cadence.
- Support designing and building visual management tools, as directed.
- Perform additional data analysis upon request.
- Follow all Operations Center - Courtesy Rules.
- Maintain acceptable housekeeping in the Operations Center.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary, in order to achieve TRP's goals and objectives.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal communication.
- Strong computer skills using MS Office-OutLook & Excel - including keyboarding.
- Ability to maintain accurate record keeping.
- Successfully complete TMOS training/certification within 12 months of accepting job.
- Advanced skill in Excel - using/creating spreadsheets, graphs and pivot tables.
- Skill in problem-solving.
- Skill in teaching, coaching and presenting.
- Experience with bearing manufacturing and assembly.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.