Graymont is the second largest producer of lime and limestone products with facilities located in the US, Canada and New Zealand. Our Superior, Wisconsin plant is now accepting resumes for a laborer. Successful applicants will possess a strong safety attitude, strong sense of teamwork and cooperation, mechanical aptitude and ability to work in a self-directed work environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Strict adherence to all safety & environmental rules
- Clean plant work areas, sweeping, shoveling of material, removing ash ring.
- Operate systems to conveying stone feed to processes.
- Operate computer-controlled material handling systems and scales to load customer trucks and rail cars with a full understanding of the process, equipment being operated, and associated controls & instrumentation
- Operate and perform routine equipment inspection of forklift, skid steer, front-end loader to facilitate plant operations
- Perform product sampling and laboratory testing to verify product quality
- Maintain shift records of operational, environmental, and safety data
- Assist maintenance and operations personnel as required
This job entails working closely with other plant personnel to safely produce lime and transfer product to our customers. Requirements include, but are not limited to:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age (over 40), marital status, or status regard to public assistance.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of industrial experience
- The ability to communicate fluently to convey, exchange, and understand questions, ideas and instructions in both verbal and written form
- Possess computer skills sufficient to input maintenance work requests, operate digital load out scales and the ability to learn and understand the operation of other plant control systems
- Able to access and work in ALL areas of plant which include heights up to 125' above ground level, and confined spaces
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or moving of 60 pounds minimum
- Work in adverse outdoor weather conditions
- Tolerate intermittent exposure to temperature extremes, dust, noise, and vibration
- Ability to detect safety hazards and equipment malfunctions, and respond accordingly
- Ability to safely operate front-end loader, skid-steer loader, and forklift
- Ability and willingness to be cross-trained in other job functions