Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for the following within the 0-12" TRB Process Design & Development team:
- To develop and maintain process standards for the global manufacturing footprint, in support of initiatives to reduce new part introduction lead time, lower manufacturing costs, drive standardization across manufacturing facilities, and support new part family introduction.
- To support development of robust product transformation models, engineering automation, and standards, to ensure product characteristics at various phases of manufacture are predictable and repeatable.
- To support development and implementation of flexible tooling solutions and gauging processes.
- Support the development of product transformation models that drive predictable and repeatable in-process product characteristics.
- Build product transformation tools and procedures which manufacturing facilities can use to continuously improve or optimize in-process product characteristics.
- Provide engineering design/analysis for complex assignments related to the development of new processes or in support of manufacturing CI initiatives.
- Provide general troubleshooting support for manufacturing facilities.
- Develop and implement flexible tooling and gauging processes which lower manufacturing costs, improve new product launch lead time, while maintaining product quality standards.
- Support engineering automation efforts to streamline in-process product engineering and tool engineering tasks, by way of existing or new automation paths.
Required Technical/Functional Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of manufacturing concepts and operations
- Demonstrated project support and hands-on troubleshooting experience
- Willingness to travel (15%)
- Ability to organize and lead meetings
- Strong technical writing skills
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Product Design and/or Mechanical Design and/or Process Engineering is preferred
- Experience with Engineering Drawings, CAD drafting is preferred
This position reports to the Manager - Process Design & Development and is located at our World Headquarters in North Canton, OH.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.