Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (reporting into West Africa )
The Company: Timken South Holdings (Pty) Ltd subsidiary of the The Timken Company
Timken is looking for individuals who are passionate about developing new business opportunities, and providing excellent customer service. The ideal candidate will have a solid sales track record in the industrial market space in Nigeria.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Implement the Business Plan with defined Sales & Profit objectives together with clear tactics for the market units serving our customers. Manage Customer relationship at defined Accounts including Engineering, Purchasing, Quality & Manufacturing. Work closely with Market Units, Engineering & Sales Management to serve customer/ Timken objectives. Seek out opportunities for profitable growth using existing & new products and services.
Execute field tactics and action plans that are consistent with our business and marketing strategies and which will result in achievement of our sales and profit objectives for the region. Apply a consultative selling methodology to establish Timken as a friction management provider who assists strategic distributors and end customers in meeting their own business objectives. Leverage long standing relationships with these accounts to grow sales and market penetration in the region.
Develop, maintain and grow effective customer relationships by maximizing face-to-face time, executing. Develop negotiations skills by participating in customer negotiations; grow ability to develop pricing. Understanding of Timken value and learn how to leverage this to maximize price and grow and protect business.
- Achieve Business Plan objectives for the region.
- Identify key market opportunities for Timken products, and evaluate market potential for the region.
- Sales Plan Execution: Collaborates with manager to develop customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, pricing plans, new business attainment.
- Build and maintain robust relationships with all authorized distributors and customer personnel. These relationships are critical in defending existing business and gaining access to competitor business.
- Manage Distributors as directed by manager including:
- Analyzing and Setting annual distributor purchase targets;
- Set objectives and strategy with distributors to committing to specific action plans;
- Document all end user accounts, business potential, buying habits and define strategy for profit growth;
- Provide training support to industrial distributors in areas of basic technical product knowledge, general good maintenance practices and product installation, commercial information on applications, target industries, value selling, etc
- Annual Measurement /evaluation of distribution partner performance.
- Extends range of product or service relationships with major end-use customers to grow revenue.
- Develops plans and proposals to meet customer needs and achieve revenue objectives.
- Development and maintenance of records pertaining to distributor relationships, business plans, tracking and measurement of agreed objectives, incentives and supporting action plans.
- Provide monthly sales figures.
- Communicate effectively to Timken organization regarding internal requirements to meet agreed targets.
- Evaluates competitors' products and selling/market strategy.
- Through an understanding of customer drivers, builds ability to influence customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products and prototype applications. Promotes and presents ideas and proposals to major end-user Customers.
- Builds sales competencies in discovering hidden customer needs, representing customer needs, handling objections, etc.
- Facilitate customer interaction and coordinate with Marketing, Customer Service, Customer Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and other functional areas.
- Works with Customer Engineering on complex system analyses, including bearing selection on non-standard part number or types.
- Obtains application details from customers (including new or a typical designs).
- Gather and submit customer and market knowledge.
- Project Assignments: Responsible for projects as assigned and directed by direct manager
- Mechanical Engineering and / or a BSc Mechanical degree and / or B. Tech (Mechanical) or country equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years' experience in a related Sales function within a manufacturing/industrial industry.
- Proven history of sales results, successful problem solving and the generation of new opportunities.
- Solid market and sales knowledge of the region
- Project / contract management experience will be advantageous.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- SAP & CRM system experience will be advantageous.
- Proficiency in business English, speaking and written communication. As well as the spoken languages in the country.
- Fluent in English: ability to compose own correspondence in English. (e.g. letters, reports, proposals, quotations).
- Experience in an American multinational company will be helpful.
- Flexibility - willingness to travel to 60% of the time.
- The incumbent must be a citizen of the specific country
- Unendorsed driver's license.
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to engage with customers commercial & technical matters.
- Ability to deliver presentations to customers at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to engage with customers commercial & technical matters.
- Understand & speaks segment technical language.
- Decision making and mechanical problem solving techniques.
- A strong personality, balanced with excellent diplomacy and influencing skills.
- Ability to adapt to different countries cultures in the region.
- Perseverance and positive attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Maintain the corporate image.
- Self-motivated and initiative to achieve objectives, with minimal supervision.
- Work well with a team environment.
Candidates must be willing to undergo psychometric testing and will be evaluated against the same criteria.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability status. When selecting the successful applicants, The Company will be guided by the best practices relating to appointments, the company's recruitment and selection policy.