Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
You'll put our customers at the heart of our business. By building strong relationships with every customer, big or small, you'll help Mondelēz International become the supplier of choice and ensure we deliver world-class execution of our business plans in every store.
The Customer Business Lead, 7-Eleven, creates and leads the overall strategic direction and planning for the 7-Eleven & 7-Eleven Horizon (7-Eleven acquisition) businesses, in addition to managing the 7-Eleven & Horizon (7-Eleven acquisition) Biscuit categories.
Lead Thought Leadership & Strategic Planning
- Leads the business through strategic customer business planning, utilizing retail resources, promotional programs, display, distribution, insights, and shopper marketing to provide differentiation to 7-Eleven.
- Collaborates with Channels Planner, Shopper Marketing, Insights and other key stakeholders to leverage the Mondelēz portfolio to create best-in-class scale events, promotions and launch innovation across the store that deliver superior results and aligns with Mondelēz' strategy and expectations.
- Leads the 7-Eleven Biscuit category including creating base and promotional strategies, selling in new items, base distribution, displays and scale events
- Leads the collaboration between 7-Eleven and internal teams on joint business plans.
- Negotiates annual Cost of Goods contract with 7-Eleven HQ
- Proactively engages and leads ongoing cross functional teams across Foodservice, Sales Planning, Shopper Marketing, Insights, Retail and Supply Chain.
Leads Execution Excellence
- Build Mondelēz' business with 7-Eleven measured by AC revenue targets, share gains, scale events, new item acceptances and core distribution gains.
- Manages the 7-Eleven P&L - had a very clear sense of the financial targets to hit with the customer. Manages trade spending, promotional programs, spending across the categories to reach AC targets.
- Serves as primary interface with HQ organization.
- Serves as the first point of accountability to 7-Eleven for Mondelēz.
- Provides updates to management on competitive activity, both at 7-Eleven and in the market, customer-specific strategy changes, key marketplace updates and other business related activities.
- Drives efficient and effective trade programs to deliver best ROI and within budget.
Build Strong Customer Relationships & Drive Excellent Customer Service
- Develop and cultivate effective, positive, and strategic business relationships with key 7-Eleven decision makers - penetrating across and up all levels and key functions at 7-Eleven.
- Drive partnership with key 7-Eleven and Mdlz supply chain and customer service teams to assess current service levels, understand areas for improvement and ensure improvement plans are implemented.
- Manages communications with Customer Service & Logistics to ensure accurate and timely forecasts and effectively addresses any 7-Eleven questions or concerns in a timely manner.
Build Organizational Excellence
- Manage one 7-Eleven Customer Category Manager, who leads the 7-Eleven Confections category
- Develop direct report through assessment of talent, providing constructive and timely feedback, establishing appropriate and actionable development plans
- Leverage available resources to elevate executional excellence within the 7-Eleven team and across the Channels team
- 7-Eleven Customer Business Lead: Direct reporting/Daily
- Director, Convenience West: Weekly/As Needed
- Cross-Functional Team (i.e. Shopper Marketing/Sales Planning/Insights/Foodservice/Retail) = Daily/weekly
- Finance = Monthly/As needed
- Supply Chain = Weekly/As needed
- Senior leadership = Monthly/as needed
- 7-Eleven Sr. Product Director = Monthly
- 7-Eleven & Horizon Biscuit Category Managers = Bi-Monthly/as needed
- 7-Eleven Senior Leadership = Annually/As Needed
- 7-Eleven Cross Functional Teams (i.e. Prop Food & Bev, Marketing, Social/Digital, etc.) = As needed
- Mdlz Shopper Marketing Agency = As neede d
- Bachelor's Degree Required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of total Sales/HQ planning and customer insights experience, with preference to individuals with consumer packaged goods experience.
- Prior experience as a manager preferred
- Strong sales background with excellent understanding of business processes and systems
- Previous experience owning a P&L
- Extensive knowledge of industry, category and/or Mondelēz portfolio specific to category
- Significant experience in building customer relationships
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.