Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Description: Sales Engineer
Job: Sales Engineer
Primary Location: Cali, Valle del Cauca, Colombia
Focus Region: Colombia
Organization: B&PT Process Industry and Automotive aftermarket
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75% of the time. International.
Key Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Engineering required - Minimum 1 year of experience in power transmission or bearing sales - Fluent English and Spanish - oral and written form. Preferred 2-5 years of experience in power transmission or bearing sales - Fluent English and Spanish - oral and written form
- Promote the sale of antifriction bearings and power transmission products among Original Equipment and After-market Distribution customers
- Call on customers. Manage the relationship of a defined group of Latin America's industrial and automotive distributors and strategic end user customers.
- Apply a consultative selling approach to improve our customers' performance by delivering unparalleled value and innovation.
- Achieve sales and profit objectives by executing tactics and action plans in support of our business and marketing strategies.
- Achieve business objectives for the territory. Develop, maintain, and grow relationships with distributors & strategic end user customers.
- Provide training and technical support in areas of product knowledge & application, maintenance practices, damage analysis and prevention.
- Maintain appropriate records and communication pertaining to distributor activities, relationships, business plans & objectives, incentives and supporting action plans. Keep Top Management aware of competitive activity and market changes.
- Develop and implement Business Plans with tactics for specific sales areas/countries.
- Inter-Company Communication: Communicate with other domestic and global sales personnel where account activities in areas of responsibility have an impact on others. Effectively communicate internally regarding commercial issues, growth opportunities, competitive activities, etc.
- Expedite orders with Timken home office/Customer Service personnel to assure delivery, according to customers' needs.
- Selection of the proper bearing for an application, life calculations
- Implement Marketing Communications Plans based on a yearly budget.
- Marketing Research to identify new market opportunities to increase market penetration
- Call Reports:
- Written report of call requiring actions or documenting customers' and competitors' activities, etc.
- Weekly summary reports of key activities
- Monthly Forecast Sales Report
- Expense Report: Weekly completion of form.
- Call Plan: A year-round itinerary is established for servicing the territory.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in power transmission or bearing sales
- Preferred 2-5 years of experience in power transmission or bearing sales
- Fluent English and Spanish - oral and written form
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to effectively engage in new and/or unexpected challenges/tasks
- Demonstrated team player
- Strong communication skills used in negotiations and in technical/training presentations
- Proficiency in use of technology tools such as e-mail, PowerPoint, and data analysis
- Solid customer relationship skills to be able to manage accounts
- Up to two weeks per month of international travel required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.