Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
You'll put our customers at the heart of our business. By building strong relationships with every customer, big or small, you'll help Mondelēz International become the supplier of choice and ensure we deliver world-class execution of our business plans in every store.
The District Manager will execute Retail priorities within a specific geographic territory. The position has responsibility for managing a retail sales force, either Warehouse or Direct Store Delivery, organized within that specific Geography. Ensuring that all Retail priorities are clearly communicated and executed at store level is critical.
The Retail Sales Manager will support the following strategies: Category Planning group to determine timetables for plan rollouts. Broadly, the position will support the following strategies:
- Maximize the growth of franchises through retail execution (4 key elements: Shelving, Pricing, Promotions, Product Assortment)
- Be the voice of retail during all customer business team (CBT) meetings to ensure accurate and realistic programs are created for the team
- Provide expert retail programming to the all accounts within the Geography
- Support all supply chain initiative-based activities
- Develop entry-level sales professionals to drive superior execution and performance, and where applicable for placement into advanced sales positions
- Ensure execution of all key HQ programs at splinter group level by providing strong leadership to key account personnel
- Lead and direct the retail selling team and its business and human resources.
- Recruit, select, develop, and train the Retail Selling Team.
- Supports field sales personnel on all customer related issues, providing value added support to the customer.
- Review and analyze sales routes to ensure maximum efficiency, attend routes, and deployment as necessary.
- Maintain communication linkage with the Category Planning group and Region Management to guarantee that all sales programs are executed flawlessly through clear, concise, timely, written, and verbal communication.
- Work closely with Customer Category Managers to ensure the right programs are in place to achieve our goals.
- Some RSM's will serve as a customer team lead, filtering information to other RSM's and collecting information to feed back to the customer team
- 4-year degree required in Marketing or Business Administration preferred
- Minimum 2 years relevant Sales experience a must.
- Experience in Retail Sales, account selling, and management of personnel
- Administrative and Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills, both written and verbal
- Technical Skills: web-based programs (KRS, employee express) and run basic software (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Customer Partnership
- Sales Process
- Promotions and Merchandising
- Team Leadership
- Drive For Results
- Attracting and Developing Talent
- Idea Leadership
- Priority Setting
- Managing & Measuring work
- Customer Focus
- Building Effective Teams
- Hiring & Staffing
- Problem Solving
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.