Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Mondelēz International Toledo, OH Flour Mill is the largest soft wheat flour mill in North America & manufacturers flour for Oreo, Ritz, Chips Ahoy!, Premium and a variety of other snack products. The Milling Team Lead reports into the Mill Operations Supervisor. This position is responsible for leading and managing the Milling Department. The primary responsibility is to assure milling operations operate to meet or exceed the department/plant metrics for safety, quality, production, cost, delivery, sustainability, morale and more. The Mill Team Lead is expected to effectively communicate & collaborate with all salaried and hourly associates. This position will be accountable for participating in an Integrated Lean Six Sigma culture.
This candidate will provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring subordinates' performance. Candidate will possess a good mechanical aptitude. Use logical reasoning to identify and resolve issues, and potential issues with a continuous improvement mindset. Knowledge of milling flows, equipment abilities and adjustments.
The Mill Team Lead must thoroughly understand all plant safety rules and set expectations to assure the employees understand and are following the rules to work safely. The Mill Team Lead must thoroughly understand all plant Quality / Good Manufacturing Practices and set expectations to assure the employees understand and are following these practices to assure food safety and the highest product quality possible. With Safety and Quality as the prime drivers, the Milling Team Lead is responsible for leading and coordinating the team to execute the milling operations and meet or exceed the milling KPIs to achieve the highest level of operational efficiency.
- Ensure focus on all relevant aspects of the Mill department, including product quality, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), minimizing waste, and maximizing outputs.
- Engage his or her team to attempt to resolve production issues.
- Initiate corrective actions and notify the appropriate Supervisor/Manager accordingly.
- When first steps at problem resolution are not effective, report issues regarding product quality, safety, compliance, production standards, and other production concerns to the appropriate member of management. Inform the Mill department of any divergences from plan.
- Ensure all production data is monitored in a timely fashion and correctly followed up. Gather and prepare all required follow-up documents. Post production results in the appropriate work system according to established procedures.
- As necessary, perform basic fill in on various department functions.
- Lead Mill RCAs and CAPAs, engage appropriate cross functional resources.
- Execute other duties as identified by the Toledo Flour Mill.
- Empower, encourage and support Mill Team Members to assume individual accountability and ownership for the results of the Mill department. Stand as a role model for his or team by demonstrating strong personal leadership (composure, fairness, interpersonal savvy, compassion).
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Mill Team Members on production and employee relations matters.
- Provide front line coaching and training support to Mill team members to create a positive working environment.
- Provide day-to-day evaluation and feedback regarding on-the-job performance of Mill Team Members. In conjunction with HR/Plant staff.
- In consultation with the appropriate site resources, identify the training needs of the operators and participate in the development of training initiatives.
- Organize operators across the various functions of the department requirements and individual competencies.
- Follow up on vacation requests submitted by the operators and forward to appropriate manager for approval.
- Ensure Mill employees complete/attend required trainings.
- Ensure job training schedule is followed for Mill team members to ensure cross training of department.
- Responsible/Point of contact for PLW/Ele teams as needed.
- Maintain on-going communication within the team (as individuals and as a collective).
- Lead and facilitate team communication meetings.
- Represent the department at regular higher-level communication meetings.
- Ensure Mill Team Members receive all relevant site, production and employee relations information on a timely basis.
- Solicit and communicate ideas and suggestions from team members to improve production efficiency and other KPIs, as well as ensuring good 2-way communications exist with other Team Leaders.
- Lead and implement "Continuous Improvement" activities, including, but not limited to, DMS 1-2, 5S, DPS's and Kaizens.
- Engage operators to continuously seek improvements in relation to production targets and Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Sustainability, and Morale.
- Make suggestions for improvement and pass on the suggestions made by the operators. Champion and implement ideas where appropriate.
- Coordinate the application of workplace practices and regulations, ensuring the rules are observed in the field of work safety (BOS, QRP-LOTO), product quality, PIC/PEC schedule and hygiene (GMP, HACCP, ISO).
- Ensure that Mill Team Members are aware of and adhere to all relevant various safety, food quality and environmental compliance programs.
In addition, the Mill Team Leader will have accountability for administrative duties, participation in Safety committee, act as fire Marshal on off-shifts and other specific responsibilities as identified by the facility and permitted by local regulations.
Excellent knowledge of manufacturing and food technology, quality standards, hygiene, work safety (GMP, HACCP).
Demonstrated leadership and communications skills, problem solving, conflict management, team building, decision making capability, planning and coordination, self-motivated and able to motivate others, strong drive for results. Proficient at job tasks working with teams. Strong computer skills (excel, power point, fliass windows, etc.) and must be able to problem solve.
High School Diploma, 2-3 years experience in flour milling operation. Demonstrated leadership and change management skills and uses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Available to work varied hours.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in flour milling. Bachelor's Degree in Milling Science, or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a leadership position. Demonstrated leadership and change management skills and uses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Available to work varied hours.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.