Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The primary role of the Buyer/Purchasing Analyst is to purchase products and services for Timken Motor and Crane Services. This includes:
- On time/real-time purchasing, maintaining adequate inventory to support operations, and maintaining supplier relationships.
- Timely planning/purchasing of items to arrive within needed timeframes.
- Price negotiation, attainment, and tracking.
- Partners with Operations, QA, and Engineering to ensure supplier/plant alignment.
- Manages supply issues involving customer service, quality, and purchasing.
- Partners with Commercial Services, Sales, QA, and Operations at a plant and corporate level to ensure internal and external policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensures Sarbanes Oxley compliance through development and ongoing adherence to internal controls.
- Responsible for purchasing operations-related commodities.
- Manages supplier relationships.
- Performs cost research, reduction, and vendor analyses.
- Manages supplier quality issues.
- Maintains ISO and other quality metrics and reports.
- Bachelor Degree in business or related field with 2+ years of experience
- Organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of professionalism
- Customer service oriented
- Experience and ability using Excel, Word and PowerPoint
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.