Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken's aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 15,000 employees across 33 countries. Our team engineers, manufactures, and delivers the highest quality products keeping the industry in motion.
- We offer unique career opportunities for well experienced and entry level team members.
- We will train you and help you advance (members of our Sr. Leadership team have mastered these positions as part of their career advancement).
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, generous time off.
- Annual bonuses to boost your earnings potential
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and Timken's Top Quality Award
Purpose & Scope:
The primary responsibility of the Group Leader is to assist in leading the day-to-day shift activities of Timken Aerospace operations associates in order to meet customer demand. The Group Leader is responsible for carrying out the prime directives of a lean leader which include 1) guiding work teams to meet production demands through daily schedule attainment, 2) ensuring the safe, correct, and conscientious completion of work in a safe work environment through a 5S/Visual workplace, 3) ensuring quality and value-added work is made by every process in their area of responsibility, 4) ensuring the on-time, correct, and complete delivery of parts, product, and services to the next process and customer, 5) Kaizen to reduce cost through elimination of waste, overburdening, and fluctuation in area of responsibility, 6) maintaining and improving the operational availability of equipment through 5S and designated maintenance tasks, 7) building teamwork and maintaining team relations through professional challenges and educating associates.
1) Ensure team direction is aligned to plant KPI's in safety, quality, delivery, cost, productivity, and morale. Perform daily administration of resource allocation, time & attendance monitoring, daily problem resolution, daily log updates, checks of shift start-up and shift-end to ensure smooth production operations. 2) Communicate regularly with teams regarding customer production requirements and key issues effecting delivery including internal/external quality, equipment status/availability, resource availability. Hold regular team huddles (meetings), 1:1's, and frequently walk-through work areas (MBWA). 3) Ensure ongoing operator safety and a safe work environment by promptly addressing safety hazards, minimizing workplace accidents, and actively involving associates in the continuous improvement of safety. 4) Demonstrate the responsibilities of a lean leader and drive a lean culture in the facility. Ensure associates are engaged and are participating in continuous improvement efforts. 5) Facilitate the Talent Management Process to create high-performing teams and a pipeline of ready leadership. Lead goal-setting, coaching, counseling, mentoring, and career development processes with associates. Identify training needs and assist in the delivery of associate training in order to meet customer expectations. 6) Ensure compliance with and communication of company policies and procedures. Demonstrate Timken's core values and lead by example.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's preferred, Associate minimum in Manufacturing, Business, or Engineering or 5-7 years equivalent work experience
- Production leadership experience, preferably in manufacturing
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred
- Working knowledge of safety regulations and/or OSHA requirements
- Organizational and time management skills
- Technical aptitude, problem solving skills, and the ability to train others
- Strong leadership, critical thinking, and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Proficient computer skills; including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision, and hearing test. Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 30 pounds. Requires extensive periods of walking and standing.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.