Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose: This position works closely with the Senior Sales Support Analyst to provide technical and systems support to the field sales teams and customers of Groeneveld Lubrication Systems. This position will also be responsible for developing the Dayton quality pograms, under the direction of the Dayton plant manager and with support by the UK and Italy Quality Managers.
Position is expected to travel approximately 20% - 30% of the time.
- Assists in the selection and configuration of standard and custom products to meet customers' application requirements.
- Assists with the development of the Dayton quality programs; including but not limited to; returns material inspectionms and analysis, PPM tracking and reporting, tool and scale calibration tracking and reporting, Cost of Quality, Scrap monitoring, defect investigaiton, root cause analysis, etc.
- Use basic CAD software (drafting, modeling, assembly), including finished customer and finished source prints and schematics.
- Supports operations in product assembly process by identifying and developing; layouts, productivity improvements and expansion projects.
- Assists with the development of Bill of Materials, including; quality, accuracy and on-going monitoring.
- May work directly with external customers to solve application issues, troubleshoot as needed as well as resolves customer complaints.
- New Business Development: Submit ideas for improvements and enhancements to existing or new products.
- Knowledge Transfer: Serve as instructor for technical internal training classes. Coach/mentor new associates.
- Generate technical notices, bulletins, catalogs and brochures.
- May be required to travel to a customer location for technical assistance.
- Customer Service Skills
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Adobe Acrobat DC for various customer documents
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.