HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for achieving annual sales and profitability targets via sales penetration in their assigned territory. Responsible for continuing project management and coordination between internal and external customers. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Driving business growth within territory with existing and incremental customers.
- Establishes and expands relationships with owners and contractors.
- Central point of contact for all territory renovation projects including but not limited to project management, due diligence, product sourcing, selection, and request for product (RFP)/Quoting.
- Partners with credit to identify funding and ownership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Renovation experience.
- Construction management experience.
- Previous business to business sales experience.
- Ability to read blueprints.
Job ID 2019-34579
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? Yes
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.