Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Standard Machine, Power Systems by Timken, and owner of Hamilton Gear is currently seeking a Sales Manager for the Quebec region. Providing precision solutions to mining customers for open gearing, mining replacement parts and gear boxes, this position will specialize in providing custom design and equipment manufacturing and repair services to enhance our customers' business performance. The successful candidate must be bilingual in French and English and will have hands on technical expertise and full cycle industrial sales experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 10+ years technical/trade/professional experience in an industrial equipment manufacturing environment demonstrating the ability to meet deadlines and business goals.
- Proven mechanical aptitude to understand the complexity of the design and manufacture of power transmissions and gearing (high speed and low speed preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (English and French).
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% of time to cover assigned territory.
- Sales experience in a custom industrial rotating equipment position.
- Generation of new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
- Determination of customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend and/or develop specific products and solutions.
- Monitoring scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and work with Operations to expedite as needed.
- Customer follow-up to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Identification of trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction,
- Development of sales and marketing strategic plan specific to the Quebec industrial business region.
Work Experience and Job Skills:
- Progressive sales experience providing industry specific exposure.
- Positive, high energy candidate who is aggressively constructive and adaptable to change.
- Proven ability to understand complex pricing & cost structure in bid preparation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with data driven analytical ability.
- Understanding of mining industry trends.
- Academic, technical and professional competence.
- Proven mechanical aptitude including education such as Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Technologist or Certified Trade training as a machinist or millwright/Industrial mechanic.
- Recognized sales training will be considered an asset but training will be provided.
- Montreal, QC or Ottawa, ON
Applicants must provide proof of all relevant qualifications and be available to participate in a pre-employment testing procedure. Successful applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.