HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Direct all sales and operations activities for a branch location. Responsible for the execution of sales strategy. Develop customer relationships and ensure satisfaction through operational excellence. Responsible for talent acquisition and development and retention of associates and adherence to company policies and procedures. This position requires operation of a company vehicle or a personal vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Accountable for profit and loss and inventory/accounts receivable for assigned location(s). Achieves earnings before interest and tax (EBIT), return on investment capital (ROIC), and return on sales (ROS) goals.
- Safeguards company assets and associates. Provides operational oversight and excellent in inventory management procedures.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels to meet service, financial, and operational support demands. Effectively utilizes training programs to develop sales and operations expertise.
- Initiates and builds customer relationships with existing and new customers.
- Acts as liaison to functional leadership to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Monitors local market trends. Develops and executes strategies to grow local market share and aggressively pursues business opportunities.
- Works closely with vendors to maximize sales and increase profitability.
- Ensures efficient operations through adherence to policies and procedures and process excellence. Maintains compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensures environmental health and safety and regulatory responsibilities are followed.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor's degree.
- Wholesale distribution experience.
- Exposure to Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Ability to use computer systems and apply computer systems knowledge to manage day-to-day operations.
Job ID 2019-34629
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 93901
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.