Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope
- Build and institutionalize data analytics that drive change in our global business processes and procedures, resulting in improved customer service and financial performance
- Integrate and enhance business intelligence platforms to advance predictive and prescriptive analytics at an enterprise wide level
- Drive changes in standard work, policies and procedures, in support of customer requirements
- Continuously improve data models and tools to provide accurate and fast information for business decision-making
- Drive continuous improvement in system integration, automation and elimination of non-value add reporting activities
- Develop, document, and maintain sales support systems that can be leveraged across the globe
- Ensure adherence to industry and corporate information standards, for both reporting and exchange of information
- Serve as liaison for key business initiatives to ensure that business needs are incorporated
- Create and implement predictive and statistical analysis code that will be used in decision making reports by Executive Leadership
- SQL experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, IT, Data Science or similar with 12 years post qualification experience, preferably in business processes, marketing and information system functionality OR
- Master's Degree in Business, Finance, IT, Data Science or similar with 10 years post qualification experience strongly preferred.
- Level of role will be dependent upon years/level of experience and education.
- Data science, or heavy data analytics, experience
- Project management and CI experience
- Strong analytical and process documentation skills
- Cross-functional exposure (supply chain, IT a plus)
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and have attention to details
- Innovative and continuous improvement mindset
- Effective change management skills such as objectively assessing options and influencing others to achieve the desired outcome
- Good cross-culture communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), SharePoint, SAP, general data base functionality (Access), and general information systems. SQL experience preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.