United States - UT - Sandy
Graymont is seeking a highly organized and self-directed individual to fill the position of Sr. Engineering Technician. As part of the Project Engineering, the Sr Engineering Technician will work closely with project managers, process engineers and Plant leadership to provide technical support, develop concepts and create drawings following Graymont standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Sr Engineering Technician for the Engineering support group, work with the Plant leadership, Process engineering and Project engineering leads in supporting projects by:
- Developing operational improvements related to Lime, Limestone and Solid fuel material handling and dust collection systems,
- Analyzing project concepts and drawings prepared external engineering firms
- Interfacing with and directing consultants as required.
- Promoting internal equipment standards, specifications and best practices,
- Producing and updating process flow diagrams.
- Producing and updating equipment general layouts.
- Preparing class 4 and 5 estimates using Graymont's historical cost as required.
- Coordinating and carrying out project specific surveys at plants and facilities.
- Providing commissioning assistance and quality control surveys,
- Assisting plants in identifying and scoping projects as required.
- Providing project management services for small projects
- Providing site supervision services on projects when required
- Providing document management services for plants and projects
- Frequent travel up to 50%.
- Experience in previous roles that demonstrates a strong commitment to health and safety related to the industry.
- Two-year degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or in a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in material handling and sizing equipment
- Proven ability with project management from concept to completion (budgeting, construction, commissioning, documentation, support coordination, etc.)
- Proven experience in a team-based environment, both as a leader and team member.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and demands
- Experience with project cost estimating.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal communication.
- Second language, French will be an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft applications, AutoCAD, 3D rendering software such as Inventor, or Revit desirable.
- Experience with ERP systems, ideally J.D. Edwards, desirable.