HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
This is a cross functional branch development program targeting recent college graduates and/or those with equivalent work experience. The program is designed to attract the very best talent and provide selected candidates with the opportunity to develop the skills necessary for a successful career in sales or operations. Program participants will complete a program that includes rotational assignments in various segments of the branch business with on-the-job training. Program associates act as role models of professionalism, ethical behavior and utilize effective decision making at all times. Program associates must thrive on challenge and a changing environment, while demanding continuous learning in a competitive, fast paced environment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Participates in cross-functional job rotations in various areas of the branch and in a variety of developmental related tasks including , leadership development, mentor meetings, and other learning activities with the purpose of matching the individual with the sales or operations opportunity that best matches interests, skills and abilities.
- Utilizes learning programs to develop leadership, operations and/or sales knowledge within the branch/facility.
- Experiences hands-on training needed to learn business systems and processes.
- Learns key interfaces within each area of the business as well as company culture.
- Represents SPIRIT values in all interactions with associates, customers and suppliers; works effectively with branch and corporate associates at all levels, consistently following all company policies and procedures.
- Adds value to assigned branch by participating in branch activities and completing assigned tasks in a timely manner and as directed.
Nature and Scope
- Works in compliance with established procedures and/or protocols. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly defined problems. Demonstrates skill in data analysis and techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in routine research/data.
- Nature of work requires general supervision; exercises judgment. May be paired with a mentor. Work typically involves regular process checks or review of output by a coworker and/or supervisor.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Certification may be required in some areas. Generally 0-2 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 0-1 year of experience in a related field.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Construction Management or equivalent military experience with a minimum of 1-2 years of work experience.
- Driven to succeed with a competitive, energetic, professional, and goal-oriented attitude. Self-governed and takes initiative.
- Strong sales and operations focus, including having the ability to partner with customers to develop value-added solutions and experience leading or building a team.
- Strong communication skills and experience conversing with team members and customers.
- Willing to relocate upon completing the program.
Job ID 2019-34476
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 33610
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.