Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This role is to serve as the financial leader for the GV USA business operations. The role must balance both daily and strategic financial activities. In carrying out this role, communications and collaboration with the key financial organization is required. This organization currently includes; Groeneveld Holland, Plymouth UK, GRIT Italy, Groeneveld Milton Canada and Timken WHQ USA. This role wil be a key player in the future consolidation into one MRP system.
- Assist in establishing major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies for company.
- Manage daily and strategic financial inquiries, while operating within two independent MRP systems
- Lead financial reporting for the Dayton location supporting the US business, such as; budgeting, forecasting, monthly close, Key Performance Indices, etc.
- Responsible for the accuracy of financial information, including, payroll, inventories, intercompany charges, accounts, receivable and payable, COS, etc.
- Participates in the preparation of operating and capital budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Interprets financial analysis of sales and costs to alert business leaders to trends and concerns.
- Supports and maintains a SOX compliant environment.
- Provides management with ad hoc reports relating to various aspects of the business
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies
- Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions, as needed.
- Serve as the back up to the plant manager when required
- Ability to communicate with all plant associates on a multitude of topics is a fundamental requirement.
Experience and knowledge with SAP/EP Software
Expert level experience in accounting system, excel and reporting tools
Critical thinking and analysis to transform data into information for decision making
Capable of writing reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
Ability to effectively communicate information, present and respond to questions
Effectively present information
Bachelors required, Masters preferred in Finance, Accounting or Business
Must have 7 - 10 years' experience in a Finance Management Role
CPA or CMA preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.